• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Positive Place

Vinca

Speaking through Pictures
V.I.P Member
A place for sharing any thing that is/has been positive for you.

It could be

-an experince you enjoyed
-something that you are grateful for or glad of

(If the description is too broad, or not clear, please let me know and I'll adjust it)

To start things off, I'm glad that I like and enjoy numbers and maths and that I have interests that I can pursue and derive satisfaction from, where I am not hampered by poor communication and social skills.

This morning I had a delicious banana nut muffin. I love it when the grocery store has discounted muffins. It doesn't matter how close they are to the expiration date, they won't get fuzzy in my house!

And I got a letter from a previous neighbor I was afraid had moved off or forgotten me. Ashe has penpal again!

I think it's sad that people aren't posting here. Does it mean that people don't have too many positive experiences or that they are just stubborn and don't wanna talk about 'em?

Anyway, I had a really positive experience today, because my roommate came home, and mentioned how a friend of his from school was going through a really, really rough time, and he suggested that I talk to him in the near future, and relate a bit, as he apparently also is probably an Aspie. I haven't felt that useful in a long time!

And in general, I'm grateful for good music and all it has done for me in life. So many dead people I wish I could talk to and say "thank you so much" to. :p

I just realized that I am in possession of a 1905 second printing of Goethe's Sorrows of Young Werther, my favorite of Goethe's. I've thought that it's been lost for over a year (almost 2 years), but it's just so small that it was in hidden by the larger books in my bookshelf. I will soon upload a picture of it from my phone. I used to work/volunteer at a library and was able to get a bunch of books that the library no longer wanted or didn't believe it could sell in its bookstore.

I'm so happy that I found this book!!

The book

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418282357347.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418282357347.jpg
    841 KB · Views: 231
I just realized that I am in possession of a 1905 second printing of Goethe's Sorrows of Young Werther, my favorite of Goethe's. I've thought that it's been lost for over a year (almost 2 years), but it's just so small that it was in hidden by the larger books in my bookshelf. I will soon upload a picture of it from my phone. I used to work/volunteer at a library and was able to get a bunch of books that the library no longer wanted or didn't believe it could sell in its bookstore.

I'm so happy that I found this book!!

That is SO COOL. My roommate just gave me one of the most gorgeous old Bibles I have ever laid eyes on.

(1) I'm happy that i'm taking classes for my major now. My major is psychology and i've loved it since highschool, so this new class of mine is becoming a very positive point of my day.

(2) I also got to sleep in this morning, which was awesome cause normally i gotta wake up at 5am on weekdays for work babysitting a two year old.

(3) A week or so ago i got my annual evaluation at my part time weekend job and i not only got a good review but a raise! As much as i have a tendancy to convince myself otherwise, i must be doing a good job there or they wouldn't have kept me this long much less given me a raise.

I've found a good study groove for the weeks until the spring semester starts. I like the materials and the subject matter very much, and because of that, I feel like I am finally on the right track, that I have found something that I'm not only good at, but that I enjoy, and that will make me useful (aka I'll have a purpose and a way to make a living).

I am grateful for hot water from a faucet.
I don't have to heat the water on the wood stove.
I was glad to be able to heat the water on the wood stove, but
it is amazing to just turn on the faucet and have hot water immediately.

I am grateful for smooth peanut butter and for nutritional yeast.
These 2 items supply most of the protein that I eat.
They aren't chewy or stringy; I don't have to cook them; neither of them originally had legs or a face.
They don't make me stupid, sick, or crazy.

I feel calmer after taking a shower and coming here to make posts. This is a very relaxing website for me.

It's a never ending gif, and it's soooo relaxing :)

Cloud-Layer-s640x360-411016-580a.gif

Okay that is just plain cool Vinca now I'm going to have to figure out how to build a super Villian blimp or something so I can see the clouds like that. I haven't been using the follow option much in the past I never get around to figuring out all these options.:rolleyes: Best wishes Mael:) My life is positively weird I have no idea how things will turn out, but I have my new slide guitar which makes my soul happy. So ballence is returning my creativity is flowing again, I'm going sailing soon, will write some beautiful songs and books. The rest of the world can go suck lemons if they don't like it.:D :sunflower::bee::bee::bee:

I got a new job. Worked 20 hours this week and it's gone very well so far. I'm so glad to be working and earning money again, as my bank account balance has gotten pretty low. Now it will be built up again. :)
It's also moving week. All this week we'll be moving our things into the new house that's so much better than our current one. (Thick carpet everywhere = quiet! :D ) I'm really looking forward to setting up my new room. I've bought a few new things for it.
One of the things I'm going to buy for my room is this gorgeous butterfly jewelry stand. I've got it in my cart on Amazon right now and I'm going to place the order (which also includes some Carl Barks Library books, The Encyclopedia of Walt Disney's Animated Characters, and Big Hero 6 on DVD) as soon as I get my next few gift cards from Swagbucks. Can't wait till it all arrives!

New Threads

Top Bottom