• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

“The longer you wait, the harder it gets.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the goal is *to prove them wrong* it makes the opinions
of others your focus, giving them major territory in your thoughts,
and positioning them as the determiners of your actions.

1671288163558.png

Just go to The Philippines.

It's pretty much the easiest country in the world to meet women. If you're white, you'll get 100+ matches on Tinder easily.

I really want to be the “underdog” or “dark horse” that proves society wrong. I just don’t know what to do currently.

I really want to be the “underdog” or “dark horse” that proves society wrong. I just don’t know what to do currently.
You're not going to do this the way you seem to be going about it, not least since you seem rather keen to prove society right by following its customs and expectations.

Even the premise you began with, that 'the longer it takes, the harder it gets' is upside down and back to front. It doesn't matter that it's a cheap tag line from a lousy movie about a stereotype being poked fun at, but that it is actually not the slightest bit true.

The longer it takes, the more experience of life you accumulate - if you let it. The more experience you accumulate, the more sense you can make of the things around you, and the more easily you can adjust so that others have less difficulty understanding and relating to you.

If there is any trick to this at all, it is to avoid creating unnecessary targets and milestones which probability says you will fail against. That then teaches you the wrong things, because they were the wrong targets and milestones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom