• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

It takes a good eye, and smarts to figure out what items will appreciate in value. I thought l deleted that post. I didn't feel it was worth saying. :)

But so many like my mom and brother think l am clueless.
If I get a chance, I will post a few pix of my door to door sales demo working 1920s Estate gas kitchen range I bought.
It is mostly all there except for the stovetop burners and the rear legs.
All porcelained steel just like the real one.

It is actually tabletop sized.

If I get a chance, I will post a few pix of my door to door sales demo working 1920s Estate gas kitchen range I bought.
It is mostly all there except for the stovetop burners and the rear legs.
All porcelained steel just like the real one.

It is actually tabletop sized.
That's pretty neat find, and it's working? Great how you restore and put things on display. The younger kids glued to their phones don't realize we didn't even have computers, and just land phones. We actually had to play with Hot Wheels, though l was a fan of the electric car race tracks. My daughter had one hot wheels set which she played with and liked setting up the track for the double loops.

She's a lil whipped up, but it is about one hundred years old.
20210502_085550.jpg

20210502_085614.jpg

20210502_090822.jpg

20210502_090827.jpg

That's pretty neat find, and it's working? Great how you restore and put things on display. The younger kids glued to their phones don't realize we didn't even have computers, and just land phones. We actually had to play with Hot Wheels, though l was a fan of the electric car race tracks. My daughter had one hot wheels set which she played with and liked setting up the track for the double loops.
Of course I have the slotcars too :p

The last one is a meat carving tray? I like plates, so bright. Great condition. Index card box looks brand new.
I was informed that it is a bread slicing tray which makes sense because the knife has a wavy edge

My collection has many odd and obscure items in it.
There is one that is not very common at all:
20191022_091146.jpg

20191012_193934.jpg

Instead of a standard handle wedge, it has a tapered helical threaded one.
I bought it to use because it was well built and had a good name on it.
Upon further cleaning, it revealed itself to be a GS aka Girl Scouts of America hatchet.

Oops, that's needs to go on display instead of trashing it out in the yard :p

We are only as good as our tools. I have fears of the entirety of civilization shutting down, and the victor will be the one that holds all the tools, in other words Mr @Nitro . Your phone will be ringing nonstop.

I probably live in my thoughts too much. :)

That's pretty nice looking. I need 5 of those. Lol

2000 lumen LED light and a rechargeable battery. I'm used to the old fashion ones with power cords. It says on the box that this can also be used as a powerbank, there is a USB port on the back of it. I can charge my phone with it if I need to. So fancy :) And so convenient with a battery instead of cord, gotta have good worklight.

20230124_204926.jpg

20230124_204935.jpg

A 1980s metal Pepsi paperweight and business card holder with a quartz clock

Spent $7.00 (US) on two bags of books at the library sale, including a first edition hardcover Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel, the only book in that series I didn't have in the original printing. It was a $1.00.

New Threads

Top Bottom