• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Today was a great day for my retail therapy session :p
First up was this set of 4 plates and soup bowls I got at a city mission store.
20230106_182417.jpg

This will look great as display items on the wall of my diningroom.
Then the next stop was at The Hag's second hand store for these:
20230106_182535.jpg

20230106_182320.jpg
Great, two more Cars 3 items to add to the Disney Pixar Cars pile :rolleyes:
20230106_183131.jpg

The Morton's Salt mug will be added to my china cabinet :cool:
This mallet was found in a second hand shop that gives all of their proceeds to disabled American veterans:
20230106_183855.jpg

Then it was off to Morgantown to the by the pound Goodwill Industries outlet store for the free for all rummage :p
20230106_183124.jpg

20230106_182206.jpg

20230106_183233.jpg

20230106_183218.jpg

20230106_183523.jpg

Last edited:
The last one is a meat carving tray? I like plates, so bright. Great condition. Index card box looks brand new.

The last one is a meat carving tray? I like plates, so bright. Great condition. Index card box looks brand new.
I'm not sure what the tray is for.
The plates and bowls are licensed Coca-Cola items.
When I get the 1950s styled tiled diner kitchen finished, these will add to the appeal of it.
The index box is actually fairly old and a little distressed, but very sturdy.
I'm not sure what it will be used for yet, but I like the way it was built.

I seriously need to build a photography blind for taking my winter find pictures :D

I actually got two partial snap kit electronics kits and was able to make one full one out of them.
I have one more partial kit in storage that can possibly be completed out of the one partial kit I got today.

The VHS tapes will be sent on their way to Ebay.
I have several hundred titles, lots of Disney ones and quite a few that are still in their wrappers.

I love antique stores, but l could see that might be a dangerous habit, too many great things to aquire.

Oh, and I almost forgot this HP 385 snapshot printer that was in the pile too
20230106_194010.jpg

I love antique stores, but l could see that might be a dangerous habit, too many great things to aquire.
I try to limit myself a little, but yeah, it sure is easy to overdo it.

Lots of what I gather will eventually be sold off, part of why I do it.
When I sell stuff, it enables me to not spend out of my general fund.

I have a pile of new old stock Cox branded model airplane racing engines that has so far tripled in value over the course of ten years.

I have several first production run new old stock 1957 Cox Babe Bee .049 engines that I forked over less than $40 each for that have garnered offers of $600 by a few collectors.
I'm holding off for at least $800 a pop.
Multiply those numbers by six and you will see why I do it :)

I did better in stocks and real estate. Picked out a condo in Maui for 139,000 - it went to 500,000. Bought shares for 500, sold for 12,000. Now if l could only get some insight in the stock market now????? It's a gamble. Lol. Win a few, lose a few.
What I am doing is not a gamble.
In fact it is chump change compared to that :p
I'm buying tangable product that will only increase in value due to it's rarity.

I have always called my wheeling and dealing The Scam.
Buy low, sell high and barter as much as possible :p

It takes a good eye, and smarts to figure out what items will appreciate in value. I thought l deleted that post. I didn't feel it was worth saying. :)

But so many like my mom and brother think l am clueless.

Some people like to buy entire collections, much like my new in package Hot Wheels car collection.
They likely number over 300 now.
I have used ones too, well over 500.
My pile includes a few redline cars too. (first generation)
The collection consists of hand selected cars from the USA musclecar era, not just random grabs off a retail display.

The Pixar Cars stuff will likely be sold as a lot.
I have two new in box Lightning McQueen CD music players plus a Lightning McQueen and a TowMater radio.
I got suckered into that franchise after the first movie.
Most likely have a couple of grand wrapped up in it.

New Threads

Top Bottom