• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

What is it about baking that cheers people up so much? Bake quite a lot for my husband, yet over the years, I'll make a cake, pie, cookies, squares, have one and he'll eat the rest. He says he doesn't want them to get stale:) Have seen him eat an entire cake and a dozen cookies and buttermilk biscuits in a week :

images
View attachment 27659 View attachment 27660
I dont have pictures to accompany this reply, but I love baking. I bake breads, cookies, pies, cakes, and cinnamon rolls and I will have 1 or 2 and give rest to my neighbors and boyfriend. I love helping my neighbor's kids with cupcakes for their parties and such.

It WAS soft drinks when I went out earlier but when I got back, I searched Yashica cameras on eBay and saw the original Yashica T with Carl Zeiss lens, in mint condition with case and original packaging for only £25 Buy it now; seeing as they go for £40-£50 usually, sometimes more even in bad condition I knew I would regret it if I did not buy it. Just hope it arrives before I go to Denmark on Monday.

I bought a book on eBay which has arrived this morning, Sams Teach Yourself Unity in 24 Hours for around £18, then today I spend about £2 on a Cheese sandwich and a bag of crisps.

I'm always on the look out for products that can help reduce noise. These seem like they may do something extra than the ear defenders and ear plugs that I already have, so thought I'd give them a go. The fact that they are silver and shiny is a bonus :D

"ISOLATE ® - Aluminium Natrual 1x Natural anodised set of the solid aluminium version of our revolutionary micro ear protectors. Includes a set of small/medium/large ISOLATE® EARFOAMS®"

ISOLATE_siicat.jpg

More info about them - https://igg.me/p/isolate-switch-off-your-ears--4/x/14952237

Bought a new cordless phone. The old one's battery was dying and couldn't seem to hold a charge any more. Decided after eight years to invest in a newer phone rather than just replace the battery. But I do like the added functionality and one more headset than I had before paying less than the cost of the original.

51DkZ6As7VL._AC_US160_.jpg

Last edited:
I bought about £13 worth of food shopping from Tesco yesterday, plus £8 worth of National Lottery tickets (I normally only spend £6 a week on Lotteries but I bought an extra Lucky Dip for tomorrow night due to big Jackpot).

I thought I was the last person in the world to have a landline.:D

My cordless is a Vtech, though it's a little older. My favorite feature is the "QUIET" mode. I can set it for however long I want, which I usually do for my afternoon sabbatical on the couch.

Yeah the new one I got has that. But it also has call blocking. Luckily I haven't needed to block any recent robocalls lately since I've begun using "Nomorobo". (It's free for landlines). The phone just rings once and Nomorobo sends the caller elsewhere so they can't launch their scam against me. And the extra headset makes it easier to delete the caller id that shows up in the process. At least they can't leave a message so I don't have to also address the answering system.

I could have paid $15 for a new battery for my old Vtech, but for $38 I got so much more. But yeah, it's still a landline technically. I probably should get a cellphone for emergencies on the road. Probably will some day...maybe a Trac Phone....something cheap with voice and text only.

I bought a Kindle book, the new Meat Loaf album and traded in 2 Xbox One games for 2 others, got £28 trade in on the 2 games, just paid the £12 difference on the combined price of the 2 others, so I got £40 worth of games for a bit less than a third of the full price.

Toys for the kids from Toys R' Us, but only went and picked the least pedestrian-accessible Toys R' Us ever. Then I bought a Traveler mini AF from ebay for £10 which is a simple 35mm camera from the nineties or possibly early noughties. There is a guy who uses one on a facebook group I am on, doesn't edit his photos and the results from the camera are better than other cameras that now retail for £300 due to being so sought after. Traveler are often seen as Aldi's in house camera brand.

I cant remember what I last bought. I must be saving pretty well. I have a feeling it was subway though, maybe I am not the best at saving...

Aluminium washers
a pack of 10 10mm ID x 13mm OD x 1mm Thick
a pack of 10 8mm ID x 12mm OD x 1mm Thick

On Tuesday I bought a 12 inch Subway sandwich at Lunchtime, and then I bought a bag of Maltesers and a small Coke Zero from the Pictures (just don't tell Mum I had the sweets, I'm not really supposed to due to being type 2 diabetic)

On Tuesday I bought a 12 inch Subway sandwich at Lunchtime, and then I bought a bag of Maltesers and a small Coke Zero from the Pictures (just don't tell Mum I had the sweets, I'm not really supposed to due to being type 2 diabetic)

A Subway sandwich was my favourite food to take to the pictures with me, when I was at Uni :)

What did you see at the Pictures? Did you enjoy it?

A Subway sandwich was my favourite food to take to the pictures with me, when I was at Uni :)

What did you see at the Pictures? Did you enjoy it?

Sausage Party, it sucked apart from having the best song ever on the soundtrack, I'd do anything for love by Meat Loaf.

Just got back from Meadowhall, where I bought a game, ReCore on Xbox One, and then went in Pound Land and bought 2 packs of toothpaste, and a pack of AA batteries for £2.

Last edited:
Finally bought the 50mm prime lens for my canon SLRs. When and if I get a canon DSLR I can also use it on that.

F1.4 or 1.8 ? For all the different lenses I ever had, I never had one with an aperture larger than f2.8.

I think that was on a 24 mm lens.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom