• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing that panicked/scared you...

A few weeks ago I had a nightmare where I told my mother that bombs from Russia were about to drop nukes on us, and she said there was nothing we could do but accept our fate. I screamed and woke myself up.:coldsweat:

That sounds scary. :eek:
On a side note relating to this, don't watch the film Threads - you will have nightmares.

Friday night I had just gone to bed and we were having another storm. The wind was really strong, and so loud that when I was just starting to drop off to sleep it made a noise that was like an explosion. I actually thought the world was coming to an end or we were being blown up for just a moment and a sick feeling of terror washed over me.

About a week ago it started snowing and we got about 2 more feet of snow. A friend came up and began plowing our driveway but he decided to do the plowing at night, while the wind was still blowing snow all over the place. He got the plow truck stuck on the side of the road because he could not see what he was doing and we have not been able to get it out. After trying for an hour to get unstuck, he had no luck and just went home in his car. The backhoe was of no use because the wheel had broken off a week earlier and it took several days for another one to ship in. That night the wind began blowing very hard and was so loud I did not get very much sleep. It blew several large snow drifts across the driveway and I have been snowed in ever since. Luckily I had gone to the store the day before so I have enough food and water to last me a few more months. I did have to miss over a week of work but I have been calling the bosses and letting them know what is going on and they seem alright with this. I am still worried about getting fired for missing too much work but there is nothing I can do at this point but just wait to be plowed out. Sometime in the next couple of days my friend should have the wheel replaced on the backhoe and then he will be able to plow us out and pull the plow truck out of the snow. Then I can finally get back to work.

I was last panicked and scared when I went out yesterday afternoon. I’d been shopping that morning but I forgot milk and cheese so had to go back out again :( Anyway on my way back this old man who was sat on a bench stood up and started talking to me. Instantly I felt so nervous because A I didn’t know him and B I dont communicate well verbally. I quickened my pace, nearly jogging, but he continued speaking to me and I was so scared. I carry an object with me for protection but luckily it didn’t come to that and I literally was running, lost him and then got home and locked the doors and windows and had several small panic attacks. Next time I think I’ll do some online shopping as I feel it’s safer and better for me :)

Guns. I had my PTSD so greatly triggered, I attempted suicide and ended up hospitalized for a bit. I am doing better with better counseling.

New Threads

Top Bottom