• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing that panicked/scared you...

AGXStarseed

Some things in life can get us in a bit of a panic or outright scare us. In this thread, post about something that recently panicked or scared you - whether it be a scene from a movie/tv show, a situation that took place or even just your mind analysing potential scenarios, etc.

To start us off, last night my mum was watching Goodnight Mister Tom in the living room with several candles lit. The film isn't my cup of tea, so I didn't watch it with her.
Sometime later after the film had finished and my mum had cleared up and gone up to bed, I went downstairs to get myself a drink before I too headed to bed.
However, upon walking past the living room - which has a door with patterned glass on it - I noticed a flickering light coming from inside.

Straight away I was panicking, especially as I've seen enough scare-the-crap-out-of-you-to-get-the-message-across Public Information Films on Fire Safety to last a lifetime (you can see some of them on this thread here if you're interested)
Thankfully, when I checked out the living room, it turned out the flickering was a tealight candle that my mum hadn't blown out properly before she went to bed. Furthermore, it wasn't near anything flammable.
A few seconds later, the flame was out and I was a bit calmer.

So what about you guys - what was the last thing that scared or panicked you?

I just took my bin out the front in the dark and a spider was on the bin handle and i accidently grabbed the spider...it felt huge!! scared the crap out of me...now im feeling spiders crawling all over me...yuck yuck

A swarm of wasps invaded lunch yesterday...i freaked and was convinced they were going to sting my neck. They didn't. A friend i was eating with informed me they were just curious but would not sting if we acted like they were flies and relaxed and shooed them away.
It worked but retraining my brain to not panic at wasps seems like a big task...

Working on a painting/collage that's nearly finished. Wanted to trim off the edge a piece of water colour paper that's collaged to it, using a sharp exacto knife while trimming I cut too deeply and made an inch and half slit in the canvas! Months of work and a narrow slit in the canvas. Eventually after some deep breaths, realized I could repair it from the back, phew, first time I'd done that. Sitting back I realized that other paintings have been damaged before, and restorers do that so it could be repaired. Actually sewed the canvas from the back, and glued it in the front, then painted over the repair. You can't see the slit now, but I know it's there.

Last edited:
Hate to be generic, but taxes. No, mine are not yet in the mail because I procrastinate because I am scared of them.

Last night I watched a hypnovid that made me think I was having surgery at the hospital and when Ultra got to the part where I'm on the exam table, I was like "NO PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE! I DONT WANNA DIE!" He went "Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh........" and I went "uuuuuuuuuuuh...."

Not really a panic but still.

Generally I don't like threads with a premise such as this.
Why would I want to look at post after post of situations that
other people find panic inducing/scary?

I already know that humans share a capacity for being afraid.
What interests me much more than the specific event/circumstance
that startles/freaks out/produces anxiety or fear in a person, is
how that person deals with it.

Being afraid isn't the point to me.
It's how you deal with it.

Personally, I find it wildly frustrating to misplace/lose things.
I hate the feeling of loss of control.
To reduce that, I make a point of having specific places to put
my 'important stuff' (my glasses, my flashlight, my notebook.)

Sorry if this wasn't scary enough.
I'm just not into sharing scary stories, unless
there is some element of resolution.

They say when there's a bee around, you should stay perfectly still and it'll go away.

Yeeeeeaaaahhhh...I'm a little too afraid of bees for that. I was sitting outside and one landed on my leg - never had a bee land on me before. I panicked and ran like hell, didn't go outside for a little while after that.

Screw bees, bees can go die.

Discovering one of my neighbour's ferrets had escaped into our back garden. My mum was the first to see it and at first only saw its head, which freaked her out because at first she thought it was a rat.
Thankfully we caught it without an issue and gave it back to our neighbour without getting bitten, but it kept freaking me out as we caught it in a box and it kept trying to jump out of the box towards me (which isn't helpful considering I've heard a ferret's bite is strong enough to bite through to the bone).

Discovering one of my neighbour's ferrets had escaped into our back garden. My mum was the first to see it and at first only saw its head, which freaked her out because at first she thought it was a rat.
Thankfully we caught it without an issue and gave it back to our neighbour without getting bitten, but it kept freaking me out as we caught it in a box and it kept trying to jump out of the box towards me (which isn't helpful considering I've heard a ferret's bite is strong enough to bite through to the bone).

I wouldn't worry too much, in most cases Ferrets are harmless, except they can be a bit ticklish if you get one up your trouser leg lol.

I wouldn't worry too much, in most cases Ferrets are harmless, except they can be a bit ticklish if you get one up your trouser leg lol.

From what I've heard this ferret owner say, a Ferret's bite is strong enough to bite through to the bone.

I had a field mouse run into my apartment, and realized this was a good time to pick up everything off the floor. I went from room to room with a broom, a flashlight, and a trash bag, picking up and inspecting everything. One other tenant probably thinks I am a creep because I had winter clothing and thick gloves on in 70-degree weather in case I accidentally cornered it...

I was doing the final cleaning and checking for any "stains" in some clothing -- as a brown sock fell out of the pile and down my leg just out of my field of vision...

Stupidly watching this video.

What creeped me out more was this comment from a YouTuber called "TheLogical Lowdown":

I quit my job in the mines because of stuff like this. Me and my crew kept seeing orbs and strange shadows on the roof of the mine. This went on for weeks. Then one day we all seen something crawling on the roof going away from us, not a shadow this time. But something physical and alive. Literally something straight out of Constantine. Very humanoid in shame, on all fours, upside down crawling on the roof. My mate next to me said "woah" and it turned it's head and looked at us. I'll never forget those green eyes shine in my light. Ever... And then it turned around and came our way. Quickly. To quick to be comfortable standing there. We ran. 6 grown men, in our twenties and thirties running for our lives. Never been that scared and I never want to be again. We ran to our mantrip and drove to the shaft. None of us looked back and none of us ever went back. 4 of us quit mining for good, me included. 2 of us went to a different mine.

Fast forward about a year. A guy died in the mine. Other miners said they heard him scream and seen his light tossing about like he was running. Then no light at all. They found his cord to his light from the battery pack severed and strange wounds on his back like he had been attacked by something. It was the talk of the mine. I knew several people still working there and they said everyone was talking about it. Mining company said it was a partial collapse and a rock had done the damage. No one believed it because they had heard other stories including ours. Then the firing started. Many were fired for "starting rumors".

A few months goes by and many had quit or were fired and been replaced. Then another guy dies. Miner machine had breached into a cave system and the company claims a beach ball sized rock fell on him as he went to the front of the machine to investigate what he had ran into... There was tons of doubt about that claim because they never recovered his body. People were saying he was grabbed by something and pulled into a cave. Mine closed down for an investigation and then was sealed up and closed for good just a week or two later.

This was a shaft mine and the company poured the entire shaft with concrete and rock. 1800 ft deep of it... Must have cost them an easy million or more.

God only knows what they found down there. I don't even want to know. Nor will I name the place in fear that I might disappear. Few people have I shared this story with. It terrified me then and still does now. I never went into another mine again and I never will...

Does anyone think that there are humanoid creatures living underground in caves/mines?

A few weeks ago I had a nightmare where I told my mother that bombs from Russia were about to drop nukes on us, and she said there was nothing we could do but accept our fate. I screamed and woke myself up.:coldsweat:

New Threads

Top Bottom