• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Dreaded Windows Start Menu

With just left to right wave and click of a mouse, you can slide the "apps" menu into a dormant stage where it still exists, but doesn't visually show up. A great way to say "bye" to all those unecessary apps I didn't want in the first place.
I managed to do that already, but I was wanting to delete them permanently from the system. I guess there's no way to do that. Some of them don't have an uninstall option.

I managed to do that already, but I was wanting to delete them permanently from the system. I guess there's no way to do that. Some of them don't have an uninstall option.

Yeah. I've uninstalled as many features I can find that I have utterly no interest in ever using. But that still leaves a great many in which you can neither delete them, or even relocate them to a more meaningful menu category.

Otherwise "out of sight, out of mind" is as good as it gets. Though yes, all that nonsense still takes up disk space. :rolleyes:

Though with these instructions I was able to relocate a few apps that I do intend to use:

Run Windows 10 Apps Directly With These Commands

Last edited:
Yeah. I've uninstalled as many features I can find that I have utterly no interest in ever using. But that still leaves a great many in which you can neither delete them, or even relocate them to a more meaningful menu category.

Otherwise "out of sight, out of mind" is as good as it gets. Though yes, all that nonsense still takes up disk space. :rolleyes:

Though with these instructions I was able to relocate a few apps that I do intend to use:

Run Windows 10 Apps Directly With These Commands
I managed to hide the ones I don't want, and I guess I'll just have to be content with that. But I wish they would give you the option to uninstall.

I managed to hide the ones I don't want, and I guess I'll just have to be content with that. But I wish they would give you the option to uninstall.

It's Microsoft. The same folks who tried in vain to force Internet Explorer on everyone. :eek:

LOL, not surprising I think I did uninstall it for Windows 10, and yet I suspect it's still on my SSD. :rolleyes:

That wouldn't surprise me. 'Deleted' things often aren't deleted.

I deleted Internet Explorer on general principle. :p

But yeah, I suspect Microsoft is probably smirking about it, thinking "Not really". :mad:

If it was third-party app I'd be more inclined to go into the Registry and delete any reference to it. But MSIE...that's like removing a cancer that's migrated all over the body. :eek:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom