• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Co morbitity Thread

Derp

Sorry for any spelling mistakes
Dysthamia and major deppresive episodes -it feels impossible to become happy i cant expierence life whenever i do anything it feel numbing.
im constantly anxious bitter and cant enjoy myself without caffine im allmost never in the mood for pleasure i cant sit and enjoy anything im allways to restless and unrelaxed like i have on overactive fight or flight responce system thats turned in consistantly. I have consistant daily thoughts of Suscide multible times a day everyday even every hour constantly even dating back to when i was 9 or 10. ive allready attemnted suscide before more than once and have constantly look for ways and planned ways to kill myself.
Dysphraxia-It is allmost impossible for me to balance expecpt on very random occasions. its tourturous to grow up as a child like this on top of all my other problems. I cant catch or throw witch ruined physical activity for me and playing sports. Driving a basic adult skill is embarringly difficult espailly parking and my handwriting makes me look retarded. Evan playing video games or the most minuut things are usally difficult. Its like allways being drunk im constantly overwhelmed be by basic tasks. My coordintation i can bearly pour things. Following directions and short term memory are a nigtmare simple tasks turn into equations and makes me look like an idoit making it difficult to do any job or task.
Dysphagia-Eating is extreaminly difficult there are a vairty of problems first 90% of foods do not go down my throat only te most basic of foods can robbing me of essintal nutrients.The foods i can eat are allways an endurence test in one way or another its even painfull to a a degree like i have to fight just to eat a piece of chicken making me subconsiucly eat less. ive lost wieght and have been malenurished for a large part of my life. And finally my body overeacting to foods nearlly all the time gaging and even throwing up no matter what the food is. And for the few calories i take in everyday my body inconsistantly switches preffrences maing me starve my self for long periods of time and have digestive problems
Asbergers-Having a conversation with someone is misierble. I constantly have an akward or combative attitude towrds anyone i make eye contact with. I have a cold demeter about me i cant form a relationship with anyone. Its difficult for me to empathize or just connect with a person. i have a distian for socail interaction and making friends theres not one person on this earth im truly close to and this has driven me to despair.Whenever i talk i find it difficult to use expression and breal out of this shell allways feeling the cortisol surging through me.
Poor short term memory-This makes it impossible to live an idepentant adult life and its rediculous i look like a retard all the time. I cant follow directions and do a job properlly learning news things are impossible and being able to have a carrier is just a distant dream with these issues. its like im living with dementia and im in my early 20s it only gets worse from here. Try working some jobs with this Focus,Problem solving,Memory Triple Knock out punch i have no potentail to learn anything
Poor Executive Functions-I cant figure anything out. i make dumb discions and have terrible problem solving skills in every situation none of my jobs go anywhere i cant figure out basic tasks

Lack of Intrest-I dont have passions or obssessions i have Addictions this is like living with a drug addict deprived of drugs not like having of "Passion" its difficult to enjoy anything
Lack of Energy-im Constantly tired and my body feels akward caffine wont really help
ADHD-i cant seem to focus on anything i feel like im in a striaght jacket in a mental instution like a crazy schitzo not to mention its allmost imposible to get things done this complments my forgetfulness,Time mangagement,Restlessness and all the other symptoms above
Frustration/irratation -This is a constant state of defult emotional pain and a constantly racing heart rate and so much constant anger im almost turned off from doing thing like playing video games and other activities because if to much intense emotional magnified by all of the lack of food/sleep and the life situations im in its like tourture this might be worst of all because it is complmented by everything else

Damaged Neuro transsmitters-B6 Vitamians,Dopamine,Sterotonin and everything else im lacking
This life im living is Brutal
Im allmost like a low functioning vegtable with the 1,2,3 punch of Difficulty Focusing,Difficulting Memorizing and Problem solving,Executive Functioning
Physically im Dizzy uncoordinated,Lacking Balance,Straving all the Time and Tired
Emotionally i have no freinds or socail connections i live with constsnt major deppression and i cant really find interst in allmost anything and allways irratated
and all of these symptoms make all of these other symptoms worse

Oh Derp,

I can’t imagine all that pain. Sounds like you have lived with all this for a very long time. Thanks for sharing. I am listening to you. Sometimes it’s dealing with life nano second by nano second. Sometimes life is so hard it’s a waiting game. I got visible scars myself from bad times.

I know this might sound very lame in light of everything you wrote about but have you tried juicing your meals? I have noticed a huge difference in how I feel when I started juicing foods. I juice all the things I have a hard time chewing, or dislike textures. I can combine healthy foods that I am don’t like with ones I do. Digestion is better, energy and mood positivity increases. There is hardly any kitchen cleanup- another plus. I take a good multivitamin after any foods I eat/drink. Another way is to eat only nutritious drinks such as Ensure. They come in various yummy flavors like vanilla and chocolate and are specifically made for people who cannot eat anything else.

Nutrient deficiencies can cause all kinds of other issues like depression and anxiety. Too much caffeine is hard on the body, and a diuretic- which makes for faster elimination of any nutrients you are getting from foods.

Many people with Autism suffer from gastrointestinal issues. Some find great success by avoiding all meat, sugar, white four products, wheat, gluten, and dairy. Though that is a daunting list, for someone desperate, to make the change and avoid all foods like this, is doable. Studies prove that these dietary chances have dramatically helped even autistic children with adhd, epilepsy, irritable bowl syndrome, and other very serious comorbid difficulties.

Another thing which has helped me tremendously is my pets. Getting a pet is something that has helped me through severe depression, and anxiety. They love unconditionally. They listen. A cat or dog laying with you in bed soothes every intense emotional feeling. They are there waiting for you after a bad day. They even stop a person from engaging in suicide- because who would take care of them if You were gone? Even goldfish are soothing. When no people are in one’s life, the pets are there. You love them, they love back. You aren’t alone.

Last edited:
Oh Derp,

I can’t imagine all that pain. Sounds like you have lived with all this for a very long time. Thanks for sharing. I am listening to you. Sometimes it’s dealing with life nano second by nano second. Sometimes life is so hard it’s a waiting game. I got visible scars myself from bad times.

I know this might sound very lame in light of everything you wrote about but have you tried juicing your meals? I have noticed a huge difference in how I feel when I started juicing foods. I juice all the things I have a hard time chewing, or dislike textures. I can combine healthy foods that I am don’t like with ones I do. Digestion is better, energy and mood positivity increases. There is hardly any kitchen cleanup- another plus. I take a good multivitamin after any foods I eat/drink. Another way is to eat only nutritious drinks such as Ensure. They come in various yummy flavors like vanilla and chocolate and are specifically made for people who cannot eat anything else.

Nutrient deficiencies can cause all kinds of other issues like depression and anxiety. Too much caffeine is hard on the body, and a diuretic- which makes for faster elimination of any nutrients you are getting from foods.

Many people with Autism suffer from gastrointestinal issues. Some find great success by avoiding all meat, sugar, white four products, wheat, gluten, and dairy. Though that is a daunting list, for someone desperate, to make the change and avoid all foods like this, is doable. Studies prove that these dietary chances have dramatically helped even autistic children with adhd, epilepsy, irritable bowl syndrome, and other very serious comorbid difficulties.

Another thing which has helped me tremendously is my pets. Getting a pet is something that has helped me through severe depression, and anxiety. They love unconditionally. They listen. A cat or dog laying with you in bed soothes every intense emotional feeling. They are there waiting for you after a bad day. They even stop a person from engaging in suicide- because who would take care of them if You were gone? Even goldfish are soothing. When no people are in one’s life, the pets are there. You love them, they love back. You aren’t alone.

thanks What do you mean by "Juicing"

thanks What do you mean by "Juicing"

If you do not like textures, or chewing healthy foods like fruits and vegetables...buy a juicer, or blender like the Ninja, or Nutribullet. Juice your solid foods and swallow the liquids or puddings made from healthy fresh produce. Much of your depression, and sleep problems could be coming directly from your lack of nutrition. Find another way to eat healthy foods! Even lettuce, carrots, bananas, tomatoes, etc can be juiced. You can also buy delicious protein powders and mix into the vegetable fruit juices for extra nutrition.

New Threads

Top Bottom