• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Burping Thread

1688262868543.png

Eat a handful of Mentos then skull a big glass of Diet Coke. :)
I remembered today to look that up.

"Despite different spellings, scull and skull can express the same meaning when – as verbs – they take a beer or two as their grammatical object. They are variants of skol, the Scandinavian toast used by English-speaking drinkers everywhere who indulge in skolling. Only in Australia does skol become a transitive verb (as in skol a beer) with its pronunciation adjusted so that it sounds more like scull/skull, though neither of those is related to the meaning of skol. The use of scull is explained by reference to student drinking rituals that challenge participants to down a bottle or can of beer in one draught, like the long stroke used in sculling a boat."

Stanley and Fluffy, the main plant characters in the series
that begins with the book The Plant that Ate Dirty Socks
burp after their meals.

Page 20:
Long after the light went out, the plants began stirring
as usual and ate their night meals. This was followed
by hearty burps and Fluffy's "ex" a noise he had been
making ever since Norman tried to teach him to say
"excuse me."
from The Escape of the Plant That Ate Dirty Socks

Real burps come from the stomach, after soda or eating or GERD or whatever. Air deliberately breathed in heavily and swallowed then forced out using all muscles does not count as a real burp to me lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom