• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The biggest factors keeping me from having a girlfriend

Because for most people wanting a relationship isn't something which causes them a lot of angst, it's just something they want and are willing to work for without it being an obsession or object of misery.

...You've missed the point. The point is to do things without constantly worrying over whether it will lead to a relationship, but instead to find value and enjoyment in your life without a relationship.

That said, it certainly will increase your chances of finding a girlfriend in the long term, there is nothing more boring and off putting than someone who constantly angst's over not having a relationship, or puts all their hopes for fulfillment and happiness on a theoretical other person and the opportunity to put their dick in them. As you are now what do you actually have to offer to a woman?

The odd thing is that I’ve actually been told by others (usually by those who don’t know my history well) I am attractive and shouldn’t have any problems getting girlfriends. That really confuses me.

As for things to offer a woman, I’ve been told the fact I have a calm nature should be attractive.

I really wish one day I can post that I finally have a girlfriend after the odds seemed so against me.

COVID pretty much halted any potential progress since I made this thread. I did try some dating apps since apparently people are still dating even during the pandemic (though I don’t really see it) but the apps I tried were unproductive.

COVID pretty much halted any potential progress since I made this thread. I did try some dating apps since apparently people are still dating even during the pandemic (though I don’t really see it) but the apps I tried were unproductive.
My wise older woman friend told me to leave them alone because they were pretty much a waste of time.

If you can't find women who are attracted to you in your area, try online dating. There are some women out there that don't mind overweight men (or are even only attracted to overweight men), and there are geeky girls out there looking for equally geeky boyfriends.

New Threads

Top Bottom