• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

That Time I Invented An Operating System For My Mind's Eye Because of A Slime

Runic? And runic symbols have REAL effects? Damn, I better be careful, then...
Let's not get all spooky, but yes you can generate real effects with symbols. Your brain is creating reality all the time and symbols are important.
Just follow the prohibitions and you should be fine. Runic is fun, there are many different styles and systems. It is sort of sticky,.like hard to unlearn.

Hebrew is a total mind warp too. It's a sacred language for one, each symbol is infographic, that is each letter has both a meaning and a numeric value. And all the symbols are letters. But there are no vowels in the language and it's written from right to left

Runic is kinda like that in some ways, but not as well understood

Last edited:
Why are you using runic in your work?
I'm not, yet. This is actually the first I've heard that runic actually did anything. I mean, I've always been aware of things with different magick/energetic properties, and I've seen some pretty supernatural things unfold before, but I just didn't know such a practice was even talked about.

It's usually not spoken of. Its offensive to many and dangerous to the speaker, who can get branded as a heretic or a lunatic or some such.

Symbols dont have inherent power, they only represent ideas. Magick is a symbolic expression as a balanced equation, sort of. That's why a student of the Art studies the seven topics

Grammar, rhetoric, logic

Mathematics, geometry, cosmology, and music.

Occult, arcane and esoteric all have specific meanings. Occult means literally hidden, but modern people associate it with black magic and witchcraft. Arcane is that which is old. And esoteric is concerning the Mysteries.

Cultural anthropology is a fascinating study. But you need advanced language skill, discernment, and an understanding of the beliefs of a people to understand it.

Like you would need significant education to write code for computer games, that is there are prerequisites, that which comes first. Foundation stones.

Because you have not used it yet it might be best to save the study of runic until you need to learn about it. Rune stones are often used as an Oracle, or oracular device. That is called divination. Christians and Catholics especially are critical of divination, they believe it is a sin. I dont approve of divination as general practice. Traditionally it's only done on very special momentous occasions, not by oneself for his own gain. You ask a wise woman if she will throw the bones for you, if she refused that's her right.

In learning to write this program of yours I would say avoid the occult, it is hidden for a reason. Study that which is arcane for background, and learn about the esoteric as important principles.

Alchemy is all about symbols but you should likely avoid it as well. It's a deep labyrinth and while the artwork is easy to remember studying alchemy might well make you completely insane. It's almost impossible to understand anyways and basically useless.

Symbolism is how some people's minds work. Being known for magical thinking may cause others to lose faith in your judgement. Old prejudices run deep

So in terms symbolic representation of Art Craft and Talent, the Art is in describing what is fully and well. The craft is in writing those symbols that best represent it, and talent creates a memory echo of one's intent, like skipping a stone across a pond.

Intent is important, that's why I recommended that book called the four agreements. The warriors path is about intent, without your intent being focused the effort is totally worthless. A warrior clears the link to intent by practicing integrity in all things.

such as you can say, without malice rancor or deceit:

All that is in my life, I create, promote or allow.

Last edited:
Be careful learning runic, there are some symbol sets that have a lasting effect. Likewise be gentle with alchemy, it's a philosophy not a thing to try and duplicate the experiments. And ignore witchcraft all together. It doesnt work well for men at all, and you are too young anyways. Seriously it's not worth the time.Witchcraft is for tourists, lots of candles and chanting, it's silly

Something I've learned about this sort of thing, and something to always keep in mind, is that each always thinks the others are silly, to an extent. Like with most subjects people can get a bit... tribalistic about it, so to speak. I hope I'm using that word right.

Well, except for the whole chaos magick thing, I guess that one is an exception, sorta. The rune thing pops up a lot with that one (and the explanation for it is VERY similar to something else you said in this thread). Sometimes these things connect together, I guess, when I think about it. Probably connections all over the place. Usually are.

*ahem* Aaaaaaanyway, that's something I've been learning in recent times... dont discount/dismiss stuff, instead just try things and find what works best for you personally. After all, the only way to REALLY know if something is gonna work for you is to just sit down and give it a go! And what works for one might not work for others. And then when you find something, expand upon it.

Unless, of course, that something has a chance of exploding or causing a massive excess of bees. Then perhaps consider not having a go, or at least do so very carefully.

You always cheer me up, bees indeed. I've heard of chaos magick, but just the name. I found a few online info areas that I like, but my focus is pretty narrow, nowadays. When I was twenty I wanted to taste every dish and smell every flower. I think I should have been more clear and less opinionated. I'm sorry if I offended you.

You always cheer me up, bees indeed. I've heard of chaos magick, but just the name. I found a few online info areas that I like, but my focus is pretty narrow, nowadays. When I was twenty I wanted to taste every dish and smell every flower. I think I should have been more clear and less opinionated. I'm sorry if I offended you.

If I was at all offended, it'd be.... obvious. I dont sound polite or friendly or even slightly funny if something's angered me. Usually I'd be more like "HULK SMASH!!!".

And yeah, I know what you mean with the other bit. I think it's sorta natural, particularly for us on the spectrum, to want to sort of try *everything* if it even slightly aligns with something we may have an interest in. I know I've caught myself doing that. Or of course there's the other side of that concept, focusing purely on JUST one very specific thing and ignoring all else... it's hard to break free from either one but sooner or later ya gotta do it if you're going to progress in... in... whatever.

New Threads

Top Bottom