• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thank you to the Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magna

V.I.P Member
Thank you to all the great moderators here. Within the last few weeks the positive, upbeat and supportive vibe has been disrupted. It appears based on recently locked threads and indicators of sock puppets that there's a specific and nefarious reason for it.

This is a sincere thank you again to the moderators for protecting and preserving the valued forum that we have here and that we who hold it dear love participating in not only for our individual benefit, but also for the benefit of others.

Go get 'em!!!!!

Absolutely! Having been in a number of small grassroots-type organizations, it can be challenging to spend time and effort to make things happen, respond to messages and inquiries, and keep things civil, especially combined with other priorities in your life, and when you're not getting paid (or are getting a token amount) to boot, and so I bow and tip my hat in gratitude.

Wow. Sockpuppets.

I am so surprised. Thanks to mods the sockpuppets were taken out to the giant autism trash compactor. Which is completely silent and in stealth mode.

Last edited:
For giggles I reworked the Ghostbusters lyrics into something relevant here...

Moderators...
If there's somethin' strange in the neighbourhood
Who ya gonna call (moderators)
There's somethin' weird posted and it don't look good

I ain't afraid a no troll
I ain't afraid a no sock puppet
If you're seein' nasty things runnin' thru your thread
Who can you call (moderators)
An' invisible man sneakin' in wrecking your thread
Oh who ya gonna call (moderators)
I ain't afraid a no sockpuppet
If you feel targeted and alone change the tone
An call (moderators)

I hear it annoys the girls
Who you gonna call (moderators)
Mm... if you've had a dose
Of a freaky troll puppet
You better call the moderators

(Let me tell you something)
Bannin’ makes me feel good

Don't get caught alone oh no... trolls
When they come through your door
Unless you just want some more
I think you better call (moderators)
Ooh... who you gonna call (moderators)
Ah, I think you better call (moderators)
Haha, who you gonna call (moderators)

I can't hear you...
Louder (moderators)
Who you can call (moderators)

I´m not really informed whats going on here, but I "detected" some sock puppets nearly instantly. after 1 or 2 posts, I was like "must be fake/suspicious" and reported it, years before anyone else was leery. and I was like "hmm maybe I was wrong" and after some time I saw that they got banned/deleted and I was like "hmm okay, maybe my intuition was right."

I was wondering and thought "why are people still answering? and why they don´t realise that it is fake?" because for me it was very clearly. but I understand as a moderator you have to collect some evidence and can not ban that fast. sometimes it feels like I can smell the fakeness of someone 5 miles against the wind. but maybe I overestimate myself. and maybe I detect sometimes false negatives.

why they don´t realise that it is fake?"

Because they have different capabilities. They may excell at something we are really bad and they may ask: Why didnt you realized that obvious thing?

And this is the beauty of divergence, we can help each other. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom