• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thai me, French kiss, Curry a favor

I can make virtually any kind of food without a recipe but always use one when I make baked desserts to ensure I have the right proportions of ingredients.

My favorite restaurants are Mexican and seafood. I love Asian and Indian foods, too.

I suppose pizza would be my favorite comfort takeout food.

I've eaten in some very expensive restaurants all over the country - Chicago, San Francisco, New York and New Orleans have phenomenal restaurants. I like all of them and don't really have a favorite.

Finally went to Chicago. Beautiful city, and the restaurants are amazing. I was captivated with all the bridges downtown.

What is the weirdest place you have a taken a meal?

I got off the train in freezing weather at a Finnish train stop for a potato perogie. I actually read that someone froze to death waiting for a train to show up.

Camping locations. I've cooked food at 14,000 feet above sea level while snow camping in Utah and below sea level in Death Valley in 110+ degree temperatures. Have also eaten ceviche made on fishing boats in the Caribbean with fish that just caught. That's as fresh as it comes!

Camping locations. I've cooked food at 14,000 feet above sea level while snow camping in Utah and below sea level in Death Valley in 110+ degree temperatures. Have also eaten ceviche made on fishing boats in the Caribbean with fish that just caught. That's as fresh as it comes!

That sounds great. My ex spear fished but he didn't kill the parrot fish l was staring at when we were diving. But parrot fish so beautiful. But l think the ceviche completely tops that! We did bike up to a inactive volcano and sat down and ate lunch. I have nothing left of weird places. So that means you had fish heads on your boat? Not sure if l could eat it. Lol

large_F1000010.jpg

Up there on the milk bottle, a few of us had a kind of picnic to celebrate spring.

That sounds great. My ex spear fished but he didn't kill the parrot fish l was staring at when we were diving. But parrot fish so beautiful. But l think the ceviche completely tops that! We did bike up to a inactive volcano and sat down and ate lunch. I have nothing left of weird places. So that means you had fish heads on your boat? Not sure if l could eat it. Lol

You don't eat the fish heads although you could make a killer fish stock with them. We just toss them overboard or use them as bait. The fishing crews made the ceviche for us with red fish or grouper that they filleted on the spot, and with octopus/squid, with fresh lime juice to "cook" it and diced habaneros, onion and a little diced tomato for spice. I love it!

I love this thread:)
1-Mostly very easy stuff, like some soups and chicken with vegetables, pasta..
2- anything and everything, especially cakes and desserts
3- Anywhere fancy which also have good burgers/pizzas in the menu or a sushi place
4- Burgers and pizza
5- there's a very expensive but extremely delicious french restaurant in my city, probably that place. I still remember the linguini with seafood i ate there.

The weirdest place hmm only a tour bus comes to mind. But my famly had barbecue at the beach too if that counts.

You don't eat the fish heads although you could make a killer fish stock with them. We just toss them overboard or use them as bait. The fishing crews made the ceviche for us with red fish or grouper that they filleted on the spot, and with octopus/squid, with fresh lime juice to "cook" it and diced habaneros, onion and a little diced tomato for spice. I love it!

I am just afraid when they chop it off. This is extremely popular in Hawaii - called poke

1. What type of food can you cook with no recipe?
Pasta and rice. Also chops, or fish. I really only eat pre-prepped food so maybe I should say "frozen".

2. What do you like to cook but need a recipe?
Eggs is the closest thing to an answer to this question.

3. What type of restaurant is usually your first choice?
I hate restaurants, but I'd go to a sushi place if I was starving and the only option was to go on a date.

4. What is your takeout comfort food?
Sashimi, but it's not for comfort.

5. What is your fav restaraunt if money is no object?
Italian

That's so awesome! That is like something from a movie

It's a water tower with a standpipe, although it's not used anymore. So many people complained when they were going to rip it down, that they repaired and repainted it. It now looks like this, it's kind of a landmark in that area.

images

Last edited:
Weirdest place to eat? I would have to say my mom's car, especially while we are at the drive-ins. My ex, being a car lover, hates that, so I don't do it.

I think the weirdest place I've eaten was the parking lot of my old high school. I get Wendy's, then drive on over to watch the sunset. During the summer theres nobody there so it's just a nice place to sit, eat, and listen to some music in peace.

1. Spaghetti with basil, cayenne, and a few secret ingredients in a scratch made spaghetti sauce
2. Snickerdoodles
3. One of the local places I frequent where I know all the employees
4. Sesame chicken with fried rice, an egg roll, and pork fried wonton from the Chinese restaurant that I have ate at since before I can remember.
5. I would go to my favorite local seafood place and if money was not a worry I would probably tip all the waitresses a bag of cash because they work hard but always have time for me.

Weirdest place would probably be the time I ate in a cave I took shelter in on a hike with friends we had MREs the commercial variety but we had to eat without light because the cave was filled with bats not 30 yards deeper

I do like Philippino food. The pansit noodle dish however you can't find them without pork. Can make with just shrimp. I love to use lemon grass for Pad Thai.

1 I can do salad. Apart from that, I can't remember anything long enough even to answer 5 questions without keep going back...
2 Indian curries, various casseroles and cakes. I have done bread and pastry, not often these days, it's so easy to buy great stuff.
3 Hang on, just checking back... (I cant cut and paste on my tablet) ok, I like Starbucks! Also, any of many great fish and chip venues here in the UK.
4. Favourite food, that's hard, but I love coffee and cakes, also fish and chips, and for obvious reasons, salad. I make a salad with apple, grapes, grated cheese, beetroot, lettuce and peashoots or other leaves, croutons, grated carrot, salad dressing, and maybe ham or pan fried halloumi on the top...

5. I like Pizza Express, also Pret

5. What is your fav restaurant if money is no object?

1. If that means, *What can I cook without looking at a recipe?*
that would be cornbread, pancakes, soup in a crock pot....
I think it's not possible to cook without a recipe.
A recipe is the ingredients and method of production.
Whether or not you consult a recipe, I don't see how it would be
possible to make any kind of food without ingredients and method of
production.

2. Not applicable.
3. None. I don't use restaurants.
4. None.
5. None.

6. Weirdest place to eat: Greyhound bus, 37 hour trip.

5. What is your fav restaurant if money is no object?

1. If that means, *What can I cook without looking at a recipe?*
that would be cornbread, pancakes, soup in a crock pot....
I think it's not possible to cook without a recipe.
A recipe is the ingredients and method of production.
Whether or not you consult a recipe, I don't see how it would be
possible to make any kind of food without ingredients and method of
production.

2. Not applicable.
3. None. I don't use restaurants.
4. None.
5. None.

6. Weirdest place to eat: Greyhound bus, 37 hour trip.

Thanks tree for posting.

Sometimes we can just add lib and make our own creations.

1 I can do salad. Apart from that, I can't remember anything long enough even to answer 5 questions without keep going back...

2 Indian curries, various casseroles and cakes. I have done bread and pastry, not often these days, it's so easy to buy great stuff.
3 Hang on, just checking back... (I cant cut and paste on my tablet) ok, I like Starbucks! Also, any of many great fish and chip venues here in the UK.
4. Favourite food, that's hard, but I love coffee and cakes, also fish and chips, and for obvious reasons, salad. I make a salad with apple, grapes, grated cheese, beetroot, lettuce and peashoots or other leaves, croutons, grated carrot, salad dressing, and maybe ham or pan fried halloumi on the top...

5. I like Pizza Express, also Pret

I tried fish and chips in UK one time because it's so popular. But was confused about the vinegar. Lol

@Aspychata
Know how you can tell an engineer/carpenter is about to make you a sandwich?

As soon as you see them measuring the exact dimensions of the bread with the tape measure they ALWAYS have with them.

New Threads

Top Bottom