• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Text reading caused panic attacks and paranoia

Nikolaoskartufis

did it ever happen to read a text on panic attacks, depression, paranoia or anything else similar related with psychological problems and while reading the symptoms of a panic attack for example to get fast rate beating, can't breathe anymore etc all of the sudden? Just a few phrases of symptoms able to cause you what's written?

No, reading material on those topics doesn't
make my heart beat faster.

That would be very awkward if a person were
taking psychology classes. Not fun.

did it ever happen to read a text on panic attacks, depression, paranoia or anything else similar related with psychological problems and while reading the symptoms of a panic attack for example to get fast rate beating, can't breathe anymore etc all of the sudden? Just a few phrases of symptoms able to cause you what's written?
yes

When I read about certain ailments like chest pain for example I feel a bit of tightness in my chest, or when i read about ants or bedbugs i get the creepy crawlys, is that kinda the same thing? I also have the same thing happen when I see someone in pain, like when I watched Alien and the monster came out of that guys chest, I got a very tight feeling in mine, I cant watch horror movies at all cause of this. Those are physical types of things though.

I have mostly quit googling symptoms... I'm always finding out that something is probably killing me when its mostly just a bunch of hype and nightmarish scare tactics. Some people shouldn't post the things they do... Its not funny, and it freaks literal people (like me) out.

I googled my tooth when I snapped the top off of it to try and see what might help... The next thing I know is some ass hat is saying I could die from a bacterial infection in my blood that could cause heart failure... Yes, maybe in some god awful extreme case, but crap people, have some tact and add in the parts your leaving out. They hype and drama the stuff severely and it honestly makes me upset.

It's No wonder every emergency room is always packed. They googled something and it scared the crap out of them.

I asked my dentist about the blood thing, and she said yes, but in very few instances. Even washing your mouth out with peroxide mostly stops this scenario no matter how bad the tooth is.

I do get hypogrondria now and then and used to, on reading symptoms, suddenly develop the symptoms, but once I learned a bit about how the body works; I can rationalise it, which is great, because it means that the knowledge I gain, I can help others.

New Threads

Top Bottom