• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Text colors in the chatroom

Myrtonos

Some posters use the default text colour (as I do) in the chat room, but many others have their own distictive text colours.
Lately one user (male) has copied another female user's trademark text colour, this being quite a feminine colour.
How about the idea of an making it an option for those you use any text colour other than the default to trademark their text colour, as to prevent others from using it. The idea is that, whoever picks a given text colour automatically prevents others from using it unless they tick a box allowing others to use it.

I don't (or rarely) participate in the chat room, but in general I have difficulty reading brightly coloured text colours. The brighter the text, the more difficult it is to read, because it blurs and is uncomfortably bright.

If you were to give everybody a personal colour, wouldn't you eventually run out of distinguishable colours or colours that the website supports?

Surely they could change it very minutely, so tiny a difference it'd be impossible to tell? I don't think it'd change anything if they did this.

But still, it is distinguishable in a strict sense. If it is even slightly different, fine.

If you were to give everybody a personal colour, wouldn't you eventually run out of distinguishable colours or colours that the website supports?

At the moment, not everyone has a personal colour. This is why users would have the option of allowing others to use it.

New Threads

Top Bottom