• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

terrible "date"

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
I drove 2.5 hours one way for a date a little over a month ago, but at least I attempted to give Lyft rides to and from the destination. I also enjoyed the food and my time hanging out. . With my limited dating options, I went for it. I've initiated just about everything, and now he has ghosted me. When I figured out he ghosted me, I deleted all my other contacts of him. I didn't block him, so he could still contact me. If he actually does, then I can ask him some hard questions.

He has a 14 year old, but apparently he can't be alone. He would never be honest about that. There could be some complications because he was divorced, and he doesn't want to lose custody, but he wouldn't get into all that with me.
Even before the date, he said in like 5-7 years, he wants to move to Colombia and hates living in the US. I told him I didn't speak the language or look like the locals like he did and that this makes a huge difference. He is telling me how standard of living is so great in Colombia and how happy I'd be and how a certain area that he specifically wants to live in isn't dangerous. I said it might be dangerous for me, but definitely not you.
As a result of all these initial stipulations, I asked if casual play was an option. The guy wasn't into anything casual because he was afraid he would "catch feelings". It almost defeats the purpose of dating/meeting up, but he wanted me to give him a chance anyway and talked about friendship.

Most potential dates didn't put up with this. I did. I guess I wanted more of a diversity of real friendship to build up minimum.
He was making it but was struggling. He kept trying to save up but it was one barrier after another. I never even had a chance. I hope I get better then this type of BS. Had a few other encounters similar to this but not as bad.
Friendships almost never work out from dating apps, especially with my race. I can't even make many good friends in regular things. I know things take time, but they don't take too long. Most of the people who want to be 'friends", they don't reciprocate enough and only care about their interests and not me as a person.

I do look back on a few encounters where maybe I didn't jump on a potential opportunity or let things ride out enough. All I can do is move on.

Head-up-stay-strong-let-it-go-move-on.-985x1024.jpg

Hope you reognize that this isn't about you and I wish you luck in finding a nice companion. Having a relationship based upon friendship happened to me and it is incredibly saisfying.

This guy contacted me today. Just said he was super depressed. I can't help him. No one can.

He wants something next to impossible. I'm not okay moving to Colombia in 5-7 years, lol. Maybe if I get 1 million dollars US to save up, then maybe I would. But outside of that, I've got too much good going on in the US, as crazy as it drives me.

New Threads

Top Bottom