• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tell Me Your Good Sensory Stimulations

The smell one is so interesting but makes total sense. For me the smell of olives is just as satisfying as the flavor for me lol.
Olives are a win win win for me, the smell, the taste and the texture/mouth feel as well.

Are you an artist?
In a way. I don't think I would call myself an artist, I'm more of a techy. I suppose I do wood art/wood burning/pyrography and do stuff with light metals and plastics to make gifts for people. Properly sanded, varnished, polished and finished wood is also something I love the feel of.

I love cuddles too! I think it's not a common one people talk about but it's so nice. I always think I want cuddles I just don't know how to go about getting them and it has to be from people I like. But since I got a bf, I love being cuddled. Like making up for all the cuddles I missed out on.
I’m not sure how to be able to cuddle with people I like either. I’d have no problem with having a few people to cuddle with. Heck, I’d like to be able to cuddle with every woman I like (I do identify as polyamorous).

I sure wish I knew, because I feel very touch starved right now.

Smells is a big one. I have many. Sounds- the ocean sound is meditation for me. Violin, piano, heavy guitar, wailing vocals, great bass, sign me up. Sensory of skiing, all white, crisp cold, no eyes, most people wear ski goggles. You don't need to talk to people on chairlifts. Swimming, because the sensory of the water. Food texture, l like beans, sometimes l mash half with a fork. I like the texture and taste of red onions, which l eat raw daily. Brie cheese has such a creamy texture. Soft clothes, very soft blankets.

Soft things like plushies, the texture of them really helps me calm myself down in certain situations.

Like I really cannot deal with the dentist, the noise of all the equipment and everything genuinely causes me pain, but when I take one of my plushies with me to the dentist and hold them, they help me be calm and ignore the pain from the noise.

They also help me fall asleep or just calm me down in general. It's why I always bring a plushie with me when I go out nowadays. I don't care if people think I'm 'weird' for it.

Soft things like plushies, the texture of them really helps me calm myself down in certain situations.

Like I really cannot deal with the dentist, the noise of all the equipment and everything genuinely causes me pain, but when I take one of my plushies with me to the dentist and hold them, they help me be calm and ignore the pain from the noise.

They also help me fall asleep or just calm me down in general. It's why I always bring a plushie with me when I go out nowadays. I don't care if people think I'm 'weird' for it.
I carry Buzz Lightyear :)

Given that girls get away with wearing their pajamas to the mall, I'd say your plushies are fine. Way back in the day, when the earliest MMORPGs did not even have graphics yet, I was a fan of Mechwarrior, incidentally. It was a lot of fun to play in MUD implementation, but you had to sit there and refresh the maps and the instrument panels like a maniac, because it was all ASCII text.

Well, I’ve been rocking since I was a baby, and while I personally consider it a good stim, I never do it unless I’m alone at home.

Well, I’ve been rocking since I was a baby, and while I personally consider it a good stim, I never do it unless I’m alone at home.
That is the exact same for me, and I think about this all the time. I curl up in a ball like knees to chest which I feel I shouldn't still be able to do at my big age but I figured I must have been in the womb like that. And I rock myself. But I do all of them at home too. Very soothing

Ambient music with nature sounds.
Music is my number one positive sensory stimulation.
I have it playing through the house all day and need it to fall asleep by. When using it to fall asleep it must be at just the right level. Not too loud, not too soft. I use a remote so I can get the sound just right.

The feel of soft, plush pillows, blankets, plushies, anything that touches my skin.

Clear and cold spring waters. I've stayed in a little too long a few times and couldn't stop shaking afterwards. But I love the feel and the sights of the pebbles with small fish around my feet and the clean feel spring water gives.

Cool mornings either in the forest or by the beach. The nature sounds of the forest.
The small sound of gentle waves on the shore. I like the feel of a smooth, clear, sea around my body also. The feel of the sand under my feet.

The smell of a pine grove.

Here is a strange one. The color of a blue light in the dark. Like the blue of the lights on a runway or Christmas tree. I can just sit and stare at that color in the dark in the quiet. I feel emersed into it and the most peaceful state.
how do you have it all through the house?

New Threads

Top Bottom