• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tea survey!

Tea, anyone?

• Hot

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Iced

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Sweetened

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Black

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Green

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • White

• Herbal

• Earl Grey

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Decaf

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
In certain areas, I involuntarily dislike when people have different opinions/tastes than me. I won't feel anything negative if you disagree with me on abortion or the death penalty, but it bothers me when people like iced tea. :)

In certain areas, I involuntarily dislike when people have different opinions/tastes than me. I won't feel anything negative if you disagree with me on abortion or the death penalty, but it bothers me when people like iced tea. :)
Ice T is OG, Original Gangsta, now a cop on TV.

Oh, you were talking about the drink. Sorry about that, then.

spicy chai tea – definitely hot.

@Metalhead, why no chai option in the poll? I’m tired of being in the “other” category!
( :relaxed: just kidding around)

Earl Grey-hot.

Otherwise, I enjoy a bottle of iced green, black or white tea with lunch every day.
Black unsweetened. Add my own amount of stevia to the white and green.

You get ideas for the coolest polls!

Hot tea with milk and sugar.
untitled-design-91.jpg

Chaga tea is pretty good, it's actually made from chaga mushrooms that grows on the trunks of birch trees. A parasite feeding on trees. The mushrooms look disgusting, it's a strange tea but it's not bad. The Finns are heavily into chaga, it has several health benefits.

I like mine hot. Whitish with just one small sugar. But it has to be decaf as I will bounce off the walls and ceiling.

Tea was a true special interest of mine for a number of years. Specifically Pu'erh teas from the Yunnan Province of China. In true "special interest" fashion, I had books on Pu'erh, maps of the Yunnan Province and the most famous six mountains in the Province where the most noted Pu'erh is produced, etc. Try to talk about those kinds of details to people about something they've never even heard of...Asperger, much?

Pu'erh tea is one of the only teas I'm aware of that gets better with age. Compressed Pu'erh tea rounds aka Bing from many decades ago can go for upwards of $100,000 and old properly aged/fermented Pu'erh teas are collected like fine wines. People who are really into it can have humidors strictly for their Pu'erh teas. It's also one of the only teas I'm aware of where multiple infusions of the same serving of tea leaves are part of the process. It's common to infuse the same portion of tea leaves up to ten times during a tea session. I stopped collecting this kind of tea years ago but still have a good number of rounds stored away.

Presently I just brew a good cup of organic black tea, usually Assam and always with a spot of milk. I do this twice per day. Once around 2pm and again around 8pm.

I would drink tea more often but I have to limit my caffeine intake to those two cups of tea and one strong cup of morning black coffee (I roast my own organic coffee beans). I had been drinking the equivalent of up to 20 cups of green tea per day but actually had palpitations from that.

I like all different kinds of teas. I used to drink Lapsang Souchong because I liked the smoky flavor just as I like peated single malt Scotch, but I read that Lapsang Souchong may not be good for a person if consumed regularly.

Last edited:
I like every kind of tea. Earl Grey is my favorite, though. Probably because I was drinking it since early childhood.

Also, I can't stand sweetened hot drinks - for me sugar removes a layer of taste.

I typically drink Jasmine or English Breakfast/Orange Pekoe (Black Tea) with cream/milk & sugar

black, green and white tea (teabags from supermarket (cheap)). because of the caffeine.

theoretically I also like herbal or fruit tea, but usually not drink it.

I don´t drink hot tea or coffee. I hate it when my food or drinks are hot, I would burn my tongue on it. I always wait until it is cold(er) and then drink it. or I try to make it with lower temperature. theoretically you can make tea with cold water, but it needs more time then in warm/hot water.

New Threads

Top Bottom