• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tattoos

Hey guys who else here is into tattoos? Got any of your own or do you like to design in your spare time would be cool to see what everyone else is into, i myself have a big piece but not finished yet! Goes down all the way to behind my knee

Attachments

• 1438832386470.jpg
    1438832386470.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 169
Wow, that's amazing! I like tattoos but have only one, of plum blossoms, that I had done while I lived in Japan. It's about 6 x 5cm. It cost a lot of money compared to the cost of tattoos in Australia. The parlour I had it done in is in Harajuku and was full of yakuza customers...

I'm not the sort to go to a tattoo convention but I do really appreciate the beautiful skill that goes into tattooing. It's not like you can erase your mistakes! I especially like traditional cultural motifs, like Japanese, Canadian and Maori, etc. And I prefer black only. I'm not into dolphins and national flags and whatnot. But if people want to get them, that's cool. :D

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Yea i wanna get some blossums to blend in my dove atm i have 3 tatts arabic writing of my lastname on back of neck, a dove with rosaries and now the dragon.

I got it done in thailand for only $1500aud in aus i got quoted $4500! Haha it took 19.5 hours of pain but worth it.
Yea i too prefer black only and traditional/realism styles

Wow, $4500!!! I thought it was cheap here!!! Mine cost Y25,000 back in 2000. About au$280 at that time. I was told by a tattoo loving friend that it would've cost about au$50 to get the same here... But it wouldn't have been a genuine Japanese tattoo. :D

Just looking at the photo of mine...I see how blurry it's become after 15 years! It had beautifully detailed filaments in the centre of the open flowers, and the buds showed petals closed into little balls...now the buds are just black, oh well!

One note re blossoms: avoid cherry blossoms... They are a sign of yakuza. In Japan if people saw your tattoo they would runnnnnn! :D cherry blossoms are distinctive: the petals have a little v shaped notch in the ends.

I don't have it yet, but this will be my first tattoo
Shiznown the black will just turn into a blob over time it's a great design but you may want to look at thickening the outside red and breaking up the black a bit. That's just a suggestion though I have one or two mostly black tattoos and they don't age well without shading and dimension.

That's a great design. I agree that the detail will disappear, as you can see on my tattoo above. Unless you go with a huge tattoo, I think allowances need to be made unless you don't mind it becoming a blob over time. Thickening the red contours is a good suggestion. I know it will change the "feel" of it slightly but you could try considering it planning for the inevitable future blob factor. :)

I've wanted to get a turtle tattoo on my foot for a while (months, maybe at least a year). It would be my first if I got it.

Between the expense, physical discomfort, and a fear of my own fickleness, I do not think I will ever get a tattoo.
This is not to say I have not given it thought.

One tattoo I would like to get is a full back tattoo. It would be a meural of Eve as an emancipated goddess beneath the tree of knowledge. I would have it rendered in an Art Nuvo style and keep it black and white. The rest of the immage would be comprised of scientific motifs, but I haven't decided wich ones.

An other large tattoo I would like would be the web of life depicting the interconnections of all known phyla. Then again, if they end up recatagorizing things it could be awkward.

I might also get a garter snake coiling its way up my leg, and there is a very specific reason for this. My great grandfather used to cultivate garter snakes in his garden as they kept pests away. He used to tell my mother that when he was alone the snakes would crawl up his legs and whisper secrets in his ears. To add a touch of irony to this story, he was also Irish, and devoutly religious. In Ireland snakes have often stood in as a symbol of the ocult, and were suposidly driven out of the country by St. Patric. So to me that story has always represented that even that which is shunned and considered evil might still have an important place in this world.

... My great grandfather used to cultivate garter snakes in his garden as they kept pests away. He used to tell my mother that when he was alone the snakes would crawl up his legs and whisper secrets in his ears.

I think that is called a 'Bit of the Blarney'. :D

But I wish I could ask him how he did it. I'd like to encourgage them to reside in my yard, for the bugs and also just because they are neat to watch.

New Threads

Top Bottom