• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Talk to hands

D'Andre

Anybody here talk to their hands and use them as puppets? As a kid, my hands were my best friends. They had names too.

My youngest son does this all the time. He touches his thumb to his index and ring finger to make a "mouth", then sticks his index and pinky fingers up to form antennae. This is his "slug" or "snail". He does it most when he's bored or wants attention.

My youngest son does this all the time. He touches his thumb to his index and ring finger to make a "mouth", then sticks his index and pinky fingers up to form antennae. This is his "slug" or "snail". He does it most when he's bored or wants attention.
That's fun. In my own plan to 'return to innocence' because 'adults forget to play' I tend to imagine animals walking around to entertain myself and keep a connection to my childhood likes translated into enjoyable present adult games.

It's part of self care and being inventive, finding different things to do for myself, that have been long forgotten, but not lost.

I used to love drawing eyes all over my hands with a gel pen when I was a kid, and making them talk in weird ways. Especially since my little sister thought it was the funniest thing in the world

Totally cool

That's fun. In my own plan to 'return to innocence' because 'adults forget to play' I tend to imagine animals walking around to entertain myself and keep a connection to my childhood likes translated into enjoyable present adult games.

It's part of self care and being inventive, finding different things to do for myself, that have been long forgotten, but not lost.
So true. I was able to entertain myself with simple things around me.

New Threads

Top Bottom