• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Taking things very literally

Very mystic. Problem being I don't know what people mean so looking inside won't help with that.

Well keeping with the theme of this thread. That wasn't meant literally. But anyway, I have found when I asked anything really complicated online, I rarely get anyone who wants to take the time to respond. Simple random humorous things, yes people are all over it. But actual meaningful well thought out things are too much of a challenge for most. So I end up having to dumb myself down sometimes just to get reactions. But then again, I have done this in real life as well. I always know myself to be on a level noone else is on around me and don't intend on falling to theirs because it's just like anything else, changing yourself for others' benefit is out of the question for me. But sometimes it is amusing to play the nt role and crave attention through simple, boring, predictable, transparent talk . Sticking a needle in your genitals could be amusing too lol. Anyway, I'm glad I could(n't) answer your question :)

The reason I can't tell lies is, I think, because NTs will make themselves look believable by looking 'honest' and Aspies don't know the body language/facial expressions for 'honest', so we can't imitate them.,

I don't lie anyway, I don't have much of a conviction against it, but all the same it's something I won't do. Getting into trouble doesn't bother me that much.

New Threads

Top Bottom