• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tagging of new threads?

Should it be posters starting a new thread be required to select or create tags?

• All new threads should be tagged

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New threads not tagged should only be visible after approval

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall us being asked on the other forum, I would have objected had I seen such a post, aside from anything else... it's annoying.
It was implemented there, the site owner didn't ask anyone before doing it, it was part of the overhaul.
The other forum also only allows you to pick 2 or 3 words/phrases which isn't very broad, I spend more time trying to decide which tags to use than I do writing the whole damn post, it actually puts me off posting new threads, knowing I will have to come up with some tags, like I said it's annoying.
Actually, that site does allow creating or selecting any tags. Are you saying you are put off from starting new threads on that other site?

Actually, that site does allow creating or selecting any tags. Are you saying you are put off from starting new threads on that other site?

Yes you can chose any tag you want but only 2 or 3 tags.

Yes I am saying that the tag feature puts me off posting new threads... I know I am going to have to pick something and it's a pain to do so. I generally resort to pasting my title into the tag box now, which surely renders the feature pointless.

Yes you can chose any tag you want but only 2 or 3 tags.
Actually, the maximum is 6.
Yes I am saying that the tag feature puts me off posting new threads... I know I am going to have to pick something and it's a pain to do so. I generally resort to pasting my title into the tag box now, which surely renders the feature pointless.
However, I often tag new threads I start, even if it is not a requirement if I can think of a tag, I select it. It would be better if the search function included them by default.

I’m not internet and forum savvy.
(By choice)

This is the only forum I use.

I can spend a while deciding in which category or subsection to post a thread and as such don’t post many.

I’d rather I wasn’t asked to sum up the content of my post in only 6 buzz words.
It isn’t that I can’t do it,
Sometimes being quite literal will have the word count on tags as high as the post itself.

I’d rather it wasn’t obligatory.
I find I can use this forum with ease.

Trying to explain experiences can be taxing enough without having to break it all down and classifying the whole thing.
:)

Other forums may do things that we don't, but I don't think that means we should strive to do those things too. There are reasons that people choose this forum over others.

Even some people from the U.K seem to choose this site over that U.K based one where tags are required.

Actually, the maximum is 6.

Well that goes to show how long it's been since I posted a new thread there, I am pretty when I last started a new thread on there it was 2 or 3 since I distinctly remember I had to delete a load, I can't imagine I would have chosen much more than 5/6. I did post something there today and I see the limit is now 6. Although again I literally just chose words that were already in the title. I had a look through a few pages of my activity and I can't even find the last time I posted a new thread on that site so it was a long time ago.

So, I have sent Brent a message about it but haven't heard from him, he gets the final say. And there have been no added votes for a few days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom