• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Surviving CoVID-19 and being vaccinated shows broad immunity to several variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I entered into a serious bout of depression when I had to run large scale experiments on animals. Rats are good models for breast cancer and I was tasked with looking at the mechanisms whereby pregnancy before age 30 in humans confers protection against breast cancer. While trying to work as ethically as possible it was still soul bruising when I had to kill the animals. Other stresses was my keeping the animal caretakers safe as I was utilizing potent carcinogens and radioactive biochemicals. I am not pro vivisection though I reluctantly admit that there are studies that cannot be replicated in vitro.
You believe in vivisection i disagree that it will ever give accurate !!!!results!

Do you have any information about hetrologous prime and boost? There has been some studies for this, but the only data I've seen so far is reactogenicity after the booster, nothing about immunity. But then, you have had the natural experiment for receiving a hetrologous booster.

This is from Sept. 2021:
To mix or not to mix? A rapid systematic review of heterologous prime–boost covid-19 vaccination
To mix or not to mix? A rapid systematic review of heterologous prime–boost covid-19 vaccination

You believe in vivisection i disagree that it will ever give accurate !!!!results!
It is not something that is subject to belief, and whole animal studies can yield valuable information. We will disagree about that. One failure I had was developing a radiolabeled estradiol to target some forms of breast cancer. An animal study revealed that the liver effectively stripped off the isotope, making it worthless, despite in vitro success.

As someone who had a back surgery in 2012 where I had to receive extra plasma after, that has got to suck. I tend to avoid having to stay in a hospital over the required time whenever I can. I typically always feel slightly worse after having IV meds due to how sensitive my body is to medication. The one time I visited the ER two times in around a week it was due to a bad case of a stomach flu virus. When I first heard about Covid, due to having an autoimmune disorder, I was totally scared out of my mind since I had all these bad nightmares about something similar happening. I had my mom cancel all the not necessary doctors' appointments, switching all the ones she could to virtual, and I stayed home as much as I could and I still am.

I was not diagnosed with Covid after having two tests of it because the doctors were worried that I might have it due to how much chronic pain I have already. I can't imagine what it was like to feel like that, I've read horror stories about people being admitted and not feeling well in the hospital who have it so I'm glad that you didn't have to be.

I don't always trust research articles though the vaccines should hopefully provide better immunity. I luckily had two vaccines in the spring-the first one made me feel like I had a cold and the second I threw up from once and felt like I had a worse cold. Oddly enough, I have been feeling hyper recently (though that could also be an odd side effect from stopping an anxiety medicine), and I've not felt hyper in such a long time that it's been shocking me. I hope you feel additionally better in the future. Health scares like that can be emotionally scarring.

It is not something that is subject to belief, and whole animal studies can yield valuable information. We will disagree about that. One failure I had was developing a radiolabeled estradiol to target some forms of breast cancer. An animal study revealed that the liver effectively stripped off the isotope, making it worthless, despite in vitro success.
You are wasting your time and you are disrespecting my beliefs by talking about vivisection (torture) as though it has some worth
Please desist.

I entered into a serious bout of depression when I had to run large scale experiments on animals. Rats are good models for breast cancer and I was tasked with looking at the mechanisms whereby pregnancy before age 30 in humans confers protection against breast cancer. While trying to work as ethically as possible it was still soul bruising when I had to kill the animals. Other stresses was my keeping the animal caretakers safe as I was utilizing potent carcinogens and radioactive biochemicals. I am not pro vivisection though I reluctantly admit that there are studies that cannot be replicated in vitro/QUOTE] why I never took biology in grade nine or took over the farm after I Graduated high school.

You are wasting your time and you are disrespecting my beliefs by talking about vivisection (torture) as though it has some worth
Please desist.

Please stop this.

This REALLY isnt the place for arguments about this, and it's just going to end up being the cause of some silly flame war here.

If you want to discuss this aspect or even protest it (which is absolutely understandable)... there are places to do that, and places NOT to do that. This is one of the places NOT to do that, considering that there's only one rather obvious way that such a conversation will end, and at the same time nothing whatsoever will have been accomplished other than people getting irritated at each other.

Just my anecdotal experience, but CoVID-19 infection is nothing like you've had before,...you should be scared,...I was,...sitting on the couch in the middle of the night wondering if I was going to be dead by morning

That describes my son's (age 28) experience except he did not have the vaccine. He had smell & visual difficulties and could barely breath. After a couple of days he was pretty much symptom-free but was positive for another 4 to 5 days. No one else in my family has shown symptoms even the one who is not vaccinated

Last edited:
I always think there's just so much to immune system stuff that either isnt understood, or just has... so many variables.
You are so correct. There are so many biochemicals and cellular functions that are involved in reaction cascades and modulation that it is a marvel that it works at all! Throw in genetic variation in the multudinous elements and the variation in function among people is mind boggling. One yet unsolved mystery is, how do adjuvents work? Adjuvants are inert materials as part of a classic vaccine that acts to prime the immune system to accept the antigen.

Last edited:
@Ronald Zeeman "why I never took biology in grade nine or took over the farm after I Graduated high school." Bless those farmers and ranchers who take good care of their stock and for aspies like Temple Grandin for thinking to treat the animals ethically.

I just thought people might be interested in some recent research on the topic.

Kind of went off the rails.
So, you seem plugged in . . . so any word when Novavax will be filing their submission? Their tech in producing purified spike protein in a stable, pre-fusion, configuration, grown in moth cells, is amazing. Plus, I think they have the best adjuvant in the business.

One yet unsolved mystery is, how do adjuvents work? Adjuvants are inert materials as part of a classic vaccine that acts to prime the immune system to accept the antigen.

Thank you, @Gerald Wilgus. I just had to look it up :rolleyes:

Vaccine adjuvants can have two mechanisms of action:

• As vectors which, due to their physicochemical properties, simulate the presence of an infectious agent. These effectively present the antigen to cells of the immune system in order to facilitate its rapid absorption and improve the immune response. This is especially so with aluminum salts and emulsions.
  • As immunostimulants that specifically interact with receptors located on immune cells. This is the mechanism of action in Toll-Like Receptor (TLR) ligands, for example.
Immune-potentiating adjuvants are thought to activate cooperation between components by improving the balance of humoral (bodily fluids, especially serum) and cell-mediated immunity.

Monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) is thought to directly activate macrophages however, it is not as potent at inducing antibody responses

Unmethylated CpG dinucleotides They act as messengers between the innate and the adaptive immune systems

Saponins are not pathogen derived, instead are thought to form pores in cell membranes that allow antigens to gain access

Cytokines are proteins, they have a short half life and, are generally very expensive. They modify or redirect the immune response

A review of the history of coronavirus vaccine (Published online 2020 Nov 6) development demonstrates that only a few adjuvants, including aluminum salts, emulsions, and TLR agonists, however, there is still a lack of evidence regarding the effects of the adjuvants tested in coronavirus vaccines

Y'all are way over my scientific comprehension level on most of this but its very interesting to read what you say. I just want this pandemic to end and for life to resume some semblance of normalcy. Thank goodness people are working hard on finding answers.

I watched part of a tv show on NOVA tonight which discussed bats, whether the virus originated in them, why they are reservoirs of viruses, and their potential to teach us how they survive coronavirus with no difficulty, which in turn could help us develop a way for humans to do the same.

Thank you, @Gerald Wilgus. I just had to look it up :rolleyes:

Vaccine adjuvants can have two mechanisms of action:

• As vectors which, due to their physicochemical properties, simulate the presence of an infectious agent. These effectively present the antigen to cells of the immune system in order to facilitate its rapid absorption and improve the immune response. This is especially so with aluminum salts and emulsions.
  • As immunostimulants that specifically interact with receptors located on immune cells. This is the mechanism of action in Toll-Like Receptor (TLR) ligands, for example.
Immune-potentiating adjuvants are thought to activate cooperation between components by improving the balance of humoral (bodily fluids, especially serum) and cell-mediated immunity.

Monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) is thought to directly activate macrophages however, it is not as potent at inducing antibody responses

Unmethylated CpG dinucleotides They act as messengers between the innate and the adaptive immune systems

Saponins are not pathogen derived, instead are thought to form pores in cell membranes that allow antigens to gain access

Cytokines are proteins, they have a short half life and, are generally very expensive. They modify or redirect the immune response

A review of the history of coronavirus vaccine (Published online 2020 Nov 6) development demonstrates that only a few adjuvants, including aluminum salts, emulsions, and TLR agonists, however, there is still a lack of evidence regarding the effects of the adjuvants tested in coronavirus vaccines
Still merely postulates as much of that has not been directly observed or measured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom