• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Summer" clothes in "Fall" colors

Pink Jazz

As you know, during the earlier part of the Fall/Winter selling season, a lot of the products tend to be more summery clothes in typical fall colors.

I wonder, do you have anything that would be described as summer clothes in fall colors?

I have two short sleeve polo shirts that would be considered fall colors. One of them is a dark green known as Botanical Garden, while another is a brownish purple known as Fig.

I think fall colors are the browns, oranges and gold. You really seem to know your colors and styles. I just get and wear what I like. And I like shopping during the Christmas season because it's easier to find moose stuff - I just remove the Christmassy stuff (ribbon, wreath, whatever) and use the moose year round. :)

What are typical in Fall/Winter collections (at least in menswear) are darker colors and neutrals such as maroons, hunter greens, dark teals, golds, olives, beiges, browns, orange-reds, charcoal grays, and deep purples. Womenswear tends to be a bit more varied.

I don't like fall colors at all (in clothing) and don't wear them at any time of year. I've been told that I'm a "winter", and I actually look good in bright colors, like red. Good thing when it's Canada Day and people are wearing lots of red.:)

Seriously, I don't care what season it is, I'll wear whatever colors I want. Although very light colors help me feel cooler in the summer.

Like all of my stuff is fall/winter colours, haha. There's like 2 exceptions, one of which is explained by "You need 1 pastel" and the other by the fact that I was born in Amsterdam so I need brightly coloured pants that all women are disgusted by (don't ask why, it's in my DNA I guess).

Thinking of buying a bright red/pink jacket that I saw, need bright yellow jeans that I can't seem to find and looking for some stuff in white/camel. I've just been unlucky on the summer colours since every season I find a zillion things I want to buy in black/grey/navy/maroon. What is with those colours?! By the way... is army green a summer colour? It works so well it should be... And unlike the others, it's so rare. Got a polo in army green (finally!) last winter though... hidden in a store with 500 maroon sweaters.

Oh and brown is also quite summery if you ask me. Brown + pink, brown + white for instance. Who says browns are for fall?

I have sort of the opposite. Two dresses in winter colors, one maroon and the other dark grey, that are so thin you would never consider wearing them in winter. They are attractive dresses otherwise, but I just wonder what on earth the designer was thinking. I buy a lot of clothing online, so I don't get a chance to feel the material before ordering. Anyway, I do sometimes wear these dresses in fall, but that's the only time.

The answer is obvious. Wear them in summer.

It'll be slightly warmer due to the darker colour, so if you live in an area that has mild summers you can wear them for most except the really hot days.

The designer probably made them for fancy cocktail parties in well-heated penthouses. So you wear a really well insulating long coat on top for outside (Between the limo and the entrance) and that is enough to keep you warm, and then you are fine at the party. Not a joke. I've seen this done a lot, and I never get invited to fancy parties because I always whine about all the fur so it must be very prevalent.

I don't tend to follow the seasonal colors. I rather pick the colors that I like. So I will wear dark green or white all year round. One exception is that I am heat sensitive and think that dark colors will absorb sun more and make me hotter in summer so I will wear a light color if I know I will be in the sun. The military was messed up in this respect. In the beginning we had white T-shirts and in hot weather could take off the dark greenish BDU top and cool off. But then they wanted more aggressive looking uniforms and made the T-shirts first brown and then black. So when it was really hot we aggressively passed out.

I find that material adds weight to the colour as well.

I have a skirt that is a suade, but it is in a light lilac. It cannot be worn for summer and so, despite the summery colour, it fits very well with autumn ( fall).

I wear summer tops in winter, due to the comfort factor and accompanied with a warm cardigan and skirt, goes very well.

Who invented rules for seasonal colors?! I wear whatever I like year round. I'm blond - a "spring" person - so I like bright colors and pastels. I don't wear black because it's too harsh and makes me look like a corpse.

New Threads

Top Bottom