• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Strong sense of observation (an Autistic trait?)

I relate to this. I've always found a lot of meaning in small details, and I imagine many (all?) Autistic people do the same.

For example, two cars identical in model, but not color. Each seems to have their own personality, meaning, and emotion. A small dent on one would also change its meaning--its character--for me. I think most people would just ignore this detail.
right, there is many things within small details that I feel neurotypical people sometimes do not observe either because they do not notice or because they don't see the significance. My dad has never seen the significance in my observations, from my own understanding he is neurotypical - that isn't to say neurotypical people don't do it, I just find a small amount do the same, I notice things many of the neurotypical people in my life don't notice.

New Threads

Top Bottom