• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Street Art

Here's some street art in a different sense: portraits made from maps:

A portrait drawn on a map of Brooklyn, NYC by artist Ed Fairburn.

Drawn off course: portraits created on vintage maps - in pictures

A couple from my recent trip. Bonus points for anyone that knows where....

1676181945288.jpeg

A delightful zombie / day of the dead robot Princess Leah. Naturally.

1676182020819.jpeg

15 storey Johnny Cash.

I know of some unusual street art. This is a building called the Y-Block, it's part of several buildings in Oslo known as the Government quarter. Just boring offices with bureaucrats in endless meetings. But that art on the side of it was designed by Pablo Picasso himself. It's called "The Fishermen". He collaborated with a Norwegian artist and designed 5 murals in concrete. So that's a little unusual.

iu

I was in the city the past two days and looking forward to capturing some street art, but a cold snap hit. I wound up sitting in the Airbnb drinking hot chocolate instead. I'm sure it will still be there this spring when it's warmer.

Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I lived in this beautiful city for 8 years, among these artworks. It was so wonderful.

I used to teach at a summer school there and got involved with a couple of the art projects, helping the youth at the summer school to design and paint a couple of murals.

Last edited:
The artist passed away. This used to be in their garden, but now they're dotted around the village.

Sculptures by Tony Hillier in Histon in Cambridgeshire:

4+Sculpture+Garden+-+Histon+-+Cambridgeshire+-+Tony+Hillier+-+The+Keepers+Project+-+David+Clegg+-Thierry+Bal.jpg

2+Sculpture+Garden+-+Histon+-+Cambridgeshire+-+Tony+Hillier+-+The+Keepers+Project+-+David+Clegg+-Thierry+Bal.jpg

1%2BCamel.JPG

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom