• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Strange Dreams?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Do you ever had strange dreams at night that become so vivid you're almost acting them out? I sometimes do, for instance a few years back I had a dream that I was driving from Sheffield to Grimsby and back (I don't drive for medical reasons) sat in the passenger seat and leaning over to the wheel to drive, I made it all the way to Grimsby driving like this, and was driving round the Town until I eventually decided it was Home time and set off back to Sheffield, eventually a Policeman saw me and asked why I wasn't in the driver's seat, at this point I woke up so I couldn't carry on the story!

You'd probably ask, "Why Grimsby?" well 23 years ago I went to College there from 17 to 19, and kind of fell in love with the small Lincolnshire Town, so it has a place in my heart.

So anyway, has anyone else had any weird dreams?

That doesn't sound particularly weird to me. Break your dream down to the lowest common denominator. You want a driver's license. You want that sense of freedom. Perfectly understandable.

Most of my vivid dreams tend to revolve around the same theme. Classic "fear of failure". All involving a scenario where I'm late for class and a test. Often where I can't even find the classroom, or haven't studied for the test. Luckily I haven't had any such dreams lately.

Always waking up remembering what counts. Oh yeah, I passed. Even better, I graduated. Decades ago. :p

I don't remember many of my dreams but one recurring theme in the ones I do remember is the sensation of my teeth falling out. I'm relieved to find that when I wake up my pearly whites are still in.

I don't remember many of my dreams but one recurring theme in the ones I do remember is the sensation of my teeth falling out. I'm relieved to find that when I wake up my pearly whites are still in.

I had one of those many years ago. And a few weeks later I bit into a thick breaded sandwich and one of my crowns simply snapped off at the root. :eek:

I don't remember many of my dreams but one recurring theme in the ones I do remember is the sensation of my teeth falling out.
I've heard that the individual teeth usually represent the members of the team or the members of the family, so when one dreams of losing them, it's likely you're worried about losing someone near and dear. It's that feeling of being, or potentially being, abandoned by someone upon whom you depend.

As far as odd dreams, though... One time a character in my dream told a joke that was so funny I laughed and woke myself up. It was a little off-color, so I won't repeat it. My wife thought it was pretty funny too, so it wasn't one of those "you had to be there" jokes.

One time I dreamed I was in a circular elevator (maybe 10 feet in diameter) with no roof, going up. When it got to the top, I could see that the elevator had no walls, either, because there I stood, out in the open, halfway up and staring across the inside side of a deep blue, bowl-shaped, featureless room, easily larger than a sports stadium. And then I woke up.

I have some pretty vivid dreams. They seem to always be from a childhood home when I was in foster care. The house is nearly always different from dream to dream and in different states of repair.

Yep, some years ago I dreamed very cool and dumb stuff, since I started college my dreams have become very "normal" or boring, probably because college and study made my sleep cycle so weird. Last saturday I slept like 12h and I dreamed of being in a hospital waiting in line...just that seat in line...waiting

Yeah, I have some strange dreams. I dream every night. The other night I was having a dream where I was some rich, good looking woman who was being chauffeured around by Michael Caine. How's that for weird!?

Well...it's 5am and I just came out of a case of sleep paralysis. Weird to wake up from and not particularly wanted. :eek:

I always have the weirdest dreams that make sense when I'm dreaming but when I wake up I can't understand what they were about...

I have incredibly vivid dreams almost every night. Many times bordering on lucid dreams. I've had lucid dreams three times in my life and I can still recall parts of them. I used to do zen meditation a lot. In that state you are trying to achieve a blank or quiet mind. Thoughts or images will always arise, when they do you have to analyze why and from where they came. For instance if I started thinking about birds it may have been I was initially thinking about a particular park I go to that I like to watch birds at. I've been using this technique with my dreams (right when I wake up and it's still fresh in my head). I think this approach helps me gain some sort of understanding of the dream sequence.

I experienced a traumatic event so I have a lot of nightmares centered around that. Though sometimes I find myself dreaming of even more traumatic things that I know didn't really happen and it makes it hard for me to tell what is real and what it a dream. I've heard some meds can cause vivid dreams and I'm on a lot of meds so I'm thinking its that.

It's common for me to have lucid dreams and sleep paralysis.
Sleep paralysis while actually dreaming is the absolute worst- the first time it happened, I still remember so vividly and that was 10 years ago.
Sometimes the dreams are pretty strange- like when I was 9 I had a dream that I gave birth to a shapeshifting rat that turned into a worm when it got mad...and that same year that there were like 10 of me driving a boat, and one of me was riding on a jetski that was chained to the boat.

My dreams have been weird since I could remember. They've just gotten more complex and disturbing as I've gotten older.
So- with lucid dreaming- that means that sensory input might could direct the dreams?

Have you tried ambient music maybe, or a audiobook or an audio movie?

So- with lucid dreaming- that means that sensory input might could direct the dreams?

Have you tried ambient music maybe, or a audiobook or an audio movie?
Not really. I probably could hear it in the dream, but it would have no effect on the dream itself. It's just how my mind works.

I have strange dreams as well. Some times they are terrifying, they are always vivid. I some times experience sleep paralysis which is horrible, the feeling lasts all day, like I am still dreaming. I have also had some beautiful dreams.

My dreams are very odd, I guess, to other people. In my dreams, if reality doesn't break or go crazy, then it's not a normal dream for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom