• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stolen Youth

I am sorry for what you are going through. I feel the same way to a degree about childhood. Between Asperger's and Moebius Syndrome, school was never any good for me. I was made fun of a lot and never had any friends (Though a couple were nice to me.)

I think all the time about all the things I missed out on. Prom, dating, ect, and it's sad. It doesn't help because of what I'm going through right now, but, yeah. I wish I had something more helpful to say, but, I hope you find your place out there. I hope I do too.

PS: Since you mentioned God... don't give up on Him. That's all I'll say.

Maybe you should just move anyway. You posted another thread not long ago about living a boring life. Maybe you need a change of scenery.

Yes, I feel like my life is pretty boring. I am going to give it a few more months, but if things are not improving for me by the end of the summer I am going to take a good look at moving. Not that moving will solve all my problems, but part of me wants to start over with a clean slate. Two things give me some hesitation with moving. I actually have a high paying job that I am good at and I like to some degree. But I have been in some jobs that have been very high stress and contributed to my anxiety and depression. I wasted many years being in jobs that I was unhappy in which destroyed any ability for me to improve my personal life. So it is hard to leave a hard paying job that is actually a good fit for me when it was so hard to find to begin with. Technically I verbally committed to my current job for a full year and if I honored that I would be there until January 2023, so I feel a bit trapped by that. In addition, I have family in the area so I can rely on them for things if I need help. Although a large part of me is angry and bitter at them for not giving me the help I needed when I was younger. Lastly I do have a few close friends in the area. Overall though, I feel like I am stagnant in my personal life and I feel like opportunities to change this are limited where I live. And I just get older by the day.

Yes, I feel like my life is pretty boring. I am going to give it a few more months, but if things are not improving for me by the end of the summer I am going to take a good look at moving. Not that moving will solve all my problems, but part of me wants to start over with a clean slate. Two things give me some hesitation with moving. I actually have a high paying job that I am good at and I like to some degree. But I have been in some jobs that have been very high stress and contributed to my anxiety and depression. I wasted many years being in jobs that I was unhappy in which destroyed any ability for me to improve my personal life. So it is hard to leave a hard paying job that is actually a good fit for me when it was so hard to find to begin with. Technically I verbally committed to my current job for a full year and if I honored that I would be there until January 2023, so I feel a bit trapped by that. In addition, I have family in the area so I can rely on them for things if I need help. Although a large part of me is angry and bitter at them for not giving me the help I needed when I was younger. Lastly I do have a few close friends in the area. Overall though, I feel like I am stagnant in my personal life and I feel like opportunities to change this are limited where I live. And I just get older by the day.

How about stay until January (which, after all, is only eight months away) and then depart for greener pastures, as the poet said. I know so many people who live in boring places. It’s such a waste.

New Threads

Top Bottom