• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still A Kid At Heart?

I definetly feel more kiddish than my siblings and were tripulets! They are nuerotypicals. I just still see the world like a kid does. New things to explore and it's a big place. I love playing video games and messaging my gf and we sometimes play this game I made up where we just pretend things are happening like little stories on fb. And it's fun I get to be the hero and save her from evil monstors. It's pretty awesome I mean a lot of adults yearn to be a kid again and we are in our minds.

Cool digger in your avatar, Dirt Digger! I don't sleep with my How Wheels cars, though I find it interesting that you enjoy that. I love that you have diggers, too. I can relate to your putting them away in a certain way. All the catfood cans in my cupcoard (and any cans, really) have to have the labels facing outward. ;)

This is very reassuring to read. I've been teased by mom a lot that I'm too much like Peter Pan, because even though I'm 18 I still like climbing trees, playing with dolls, making blanket forts, and playing on the swing set. I'm the only person I know that still can't fall asleep at night without my baby blanket and my stuffed animals. Has anyone else wished they made places like ChuckECheese with big junglejims to climb on for teens/adults? I wish they did.

Good subject! In some ways, I am told I am very mature for my age. However, in many ways, I am very very childlike, to the point where most kids don't even seem to assume/care that I'm an adult in the same way they might with others. As recently as 2010, I was playing with someone of age 10, and we were in the pool, trying to get a whirlpool thing started, and she said we needed an adult to help us. She said this a few times before finally thinking to ask whether I am a kid or an adult. Don't get me wrong, I have adult friends. I don't mean for any of this to come across as creepy. But I still enjoy playgrounds, and trampolines, and sandboxes, and slinkies, and a lot of 90's kid cartoons and movies, as well as other things. While I am around adults all the time, I feel I can only go so far with all this, and I genuinely enjoy hanging out with children who have similar interests to mine. It's kind of hard to explain...And I am 32 now, so I never really get the opportunity to hang out with anyone younger, as the older I get, the less okay it will be to anyone, unless I have an official job working with them or something. Back when I used to live elsewhere at the age of 19, my friends ranged in age from 4 to 14. I'm talking about local friends. And it didn't occur to me to even feel weird about it. Am I making sense to anyone?

I am definitely a youth in some ways, perhaps a child is a few. I enjoy the music of the teen to 20's crowd. (I'm 49) I like the dress style of the 20-30 crowd. I play video games and, I still play with my food with certain foods.

My closest two friends right now are 18 and 24. If I had to put an age on myself I would say 30, but in truth I feel ageless, I don't have an age - I'm just me.

That said, I also find myself older than my years in some ways. My husband is 59, I find children who scream, have squeaky voice or, repeat themselves irritating. I also find it annoying when they do not listen the first time I tell them something and, when they cry over something I would not cry over (and I rarely cry over anything.)

A few years back at the company Christmas party, I was supervising the kids so they would not get out of line, and my wife had to yell at me.

Last weekend I got yelled at for wandering off with my younger cousins and not telling anybody. Apparently at 30 I'm still not a suitable chaperone!

My wife says that I am a kid at heart and that I have never grown up. I told her that once you have gotten by 70, you do not have to.

Do you feel like you're still a kid in some ways? Like if you're immature at times, or you still like to splash in the mud and what not?

I still go on Neopets.com, I still only want ketchup and cheese on my burgers, I am still amused with jumping over the furniture, and many other things. And I'm a senior in high school, lol. I really long to be a kid again, because life was just so simple, you know? I think we all do in some way.

So o you do things other people would find childish? Don't be afraid to admit it here!
Lots of people tell me I act like a child even though I'm in college. I think they say this when I get excited over things they'd consider uninteresting, such as finding a cool rock or seeing a groundhog. Even though I feel like a kid in some ways, in terms of getting excited over small things, I just think I appreciate little things in life whereas my peers don't.

as weird as it might sound, I don't think I ever went through that stage and don't have many things which make me feel like I am pleasing that inner child. I don't remember anything for the most part from my childhood except for the bad things that happened if I am being totally honest; though I remember one tradition I used to have when I was a kid which is travelling to the beach alone and having food while I watch the sunset, I didn't have many friends during my childhood and family didn't really invest time in learning about what I like so I decided to travel to the beach on some days with some hot food (KFC or Fish and Chips) and just spend the evening watching the sunset and the stars. Maybe I should do that one day now that I have friends in my new country.

Of course I am! I watch kids' cartoons, both modern and old-school, and I still occasionally sleep with stuffed animals at night, my current favorite stuffed animal being Panda Mei from "Turning Red".

I feel like I'll never grow up. It's a scary thing to consider sometimes... I feel infantilized by other adults just because of the way I dress or my mannerisms. But I've been through a lot in my life and have definitely matured beyond who I was as a teenager, etc.

The most important thing any of us can do is to be yourself! That's what you owe to yourself and the rest of the world. That's my personal philosophy. As long as you're happy and it serves you, don't worry about what others might think!

I still feel like a kid at heart. A nervous, shy kid still hoping the rest of humanity will consider me good enough to join them.

I still watch cartoons and still have a very immature sense of humour. I generally am not very ambitious and really dislike how people are always competing with one another and how it brings out the worst in them.

I've lost contact with real life friends since I could feel a change in them. They become adults and they outgrew me. My emotions still seem to be stuck in one place but they have moveed on and left me behind.

I have often been accused of being born 40 years old. While I was wildly out of control emotionally as a young child, I always was very focused on knowing the how and why of everything. I remember an incident from age 2 where I was given a candy cane I didn't want. The Santa portrayer told my parents I would want it later, and gave it to my mother. At home, she gave it to me. I was angry because I had told Santa "no". When my mother wasn't looking, I threw the candy cane in the garbage. I then felt guilty for wasting food, but also angry no one had listened to me.
I can also remember spotting inconsistencies in things adults told me. I was super a super analytical little brat.
That said, at 14, I decided that I was at the optimal age. I had adult intelligence (if not experience), but still had youthful health and energy. My internal image of myself is still that 14 year old, even if I am 65 now.

Do you feel like you're still a kid in some ways? Like if you're immature at times, or you still like to splash in the mud and what not?

I still go on Neopets.com, I still only want ketchup and cheese on my burgers, I am still amused with jumping over the furniture, and many other things. And I'm a senior in high school, lol. I really long to be a kid again, because life was just so simple, you know? I think we all do in some way.

So o you do things other people would find childish? Don't be afraid to admit it here!
I like bubbles, the playground, crawling under furniture, jumping on the bed, jumping castles, cute things, being silly, being a sweetheart and making everyone smile and getting on peoples nerves because I am annoying and a bit bossy, having piggybacks, people lifting me up, being at home in my own bed, cartoons, posters, getting surprises in things, wearing cute clothes.
Playing toys in the bubble bath.
I love child things, hopscotch and skipping, candy.

Yes because I don't feel like I'm ready for life at all. Other adults work 36 hours or more a week yet when I tried to work I struggled with 8.

I think Dr. Who once asked how can we enjoy adulthood if we can't be childish once in a while? Even as a kid I couldn't understand why you were supposed to think becoming an adult was awesome if you were supposed to stop playing with toys or watch cartoons. And also being an adult meant you were going to get old and die soon.

I have a special phone with infrared (Xiaomi). Last time I was in hospital I made everyone watch She-Ra and the princesses of power :) All the boys were looking for the remote lol.

I love Entrapta the autistic princess :D

images - 2023-08-29T115359.654.jpeg

I also love all the Tinkerbell movies, Tinkerbell is my favourite. I love my plushies and dolls. I used to have a few monster high dolls and a Harley Quinn and I took Harley everywhere with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom