• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stick with the theme!

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Just some mild frustration, or perhaps an observation, from being a judge tonight for a camera club competition

To back up slightly, the end of year theme last year was something like "Dealing with Covid", so this year it turned into the idea of "hope and joy" as we all try to emerge from that year...

But so many people really didn't stick with the theme, interpreting hope and joy within the Covid context... So many people chose bird photos, duck photos, nature photos, etc... and then simply re-purposed with a clever photo title... Are people incapable of creativity around a theme? I didn't submit anything to this competition because I was struggling to find anything around that theme (specifically the Covid concept), and I won't submit anything if I can't find anything I feel is suitable, maybe not everyone is like that :rolleyes:

Just a short rant, no I don't understand people, and I did score some photos lower because of how little they had to do with the theme :)

Last edited:
For that theme, I think I would’ve taken a picture of people celebrating a birthday party with masks on or something?

Idk, I thought it sounded more straightforward than photos of ducks lol. Unless ducks are a symbol for joy, and I’m not aware :babychick:

I know that’s not a duck, I couldn’t find the correct emoji lol

For that theme, I think I would’ve taken a picture of people celebrating a birthday party with masks on or something?

Idk, I thought it sounded more straightforward than photos of ducks lol. Unless ducks are a symbol for joy, and I’m not aware :babychick:

I know that’s not a duck, I couldn’t find the correct emoji lol

:D

I even thought the wedding photos slipped in were rather borderline

I've seen a lot of projects where people can't stick to an assigned theme. My guess is that:

1) They really wanted to do this idea they had, and are trying to convince themselves that it fits the theme.

2) They didn't understand the theme - or didn't understand it the way you did. I wrote that second part and thought "how do you misinterpret 'hope and joy'?" I don't know - someone will find a way.

I've seen a lot of projects where people can't stick to an assigned theme. My guess is that:

1) They really wanted to do this idea they had, and are trying to convince themselves that it fits the theme.

2) They didn't understand the theme - or didn't understand it the way you did. I wrote that second part and thought "how do you misinterpret 'hope and joy'?" I don't know - someone will find a way.

Actually the club president clearly stated the reason with the theme, some people either didn't really get it, but I've seen it before where people bend a photo that doesn't really fit with a catchy title :rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom