• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Wars Original Trilogy Supremacist

SL JediKnight

Some people hate the Prequels so bad that they don't count them they don't call a new hope they just call it Star Wars they call the first one is called episode 1 Empire Strikes Back episode 2 Return of the Jedi episode episode 3 have you ever meat anyone like that?

I'm no "supremacist" but I still call it Star Wars. That's what it was called when I saw it in the cinema 1977 and so it will always be in my heart.

I like the prequels a lot though. ROTS in particular. And the new ones. And Clone Wars, Rebels.... The Mandalorian was pretty damned good t'other day too.

Last edited:
I have a neighbor that thinks the prequels should never have even been created at all, just the mention of them and you run the risk of him getting angry and throwing something at you.

I personally think that no Star Wars film has ever topped "The Empire Strikes Back."

It went 10 million dollars over budget and made it all back rightfully so. It was much deserved revenge for the Galactic Empire and I will always cherish it.

I have no trouble with the pequels. Especially with disney star wars movies being terrible aside from Rogue One.

I have a neighbor that thinks the prequels should never have even been created at all, just the mention of them and you run the risk of him getting angry and throwing something at you.

I personally think that no Star Wars film has ever topped "The Empire Strikes Back."

It went 10 million dollars over budget and made it all back rightfully so. It was much deserved revenge for the Galactic Empire and I will always cherish it.
The Empire Strikes Back is a Classic !

I enjoy the prequels, for all their flaws. They do have plenty of good stuff in them too.

John William's score was great, the lightsaber battles looked a lot better (seeing Yoda fighting was pretty cool and rather hilarious) and we saw a lot of different and unique worlds that we didn't really see before - along with great scenes like the guy who wanted to sell Obi-Wan death sticks, the opening to Revenge of the Sith or the Opera House scene.

On top of that, Ewan McGregor was good as Obi-Wan (by episode 3, I was definitely believing he was the same character that we saw in A New Hope), Hayden Christensen played a decent Anakin given what he and the rest of the cast had to work with (with certain scenes such as his reaction to Padme's pregnancy and him slaughtering the confederacy been well done), Palpatine was a lot of fun - even in his goofier scenes - and (to George's credit) there was less Jar Jar as the series went on as George listened to the fans complaints and took notice.

Last edited:
Thing about the prequels is that there's plenty to take the mickey out of. JarJar - "I hate sand" - Gillette communicators - midichlorians...

Thing is, they were good fun and did a good job of developing the mythology. Watched in the revised order they're coherent. It's well known that the original cut of Star Wars sucked bigtime. The intro was all of Luke hanging out with his "friends" at Tachi station and being called "Worm". Listen to the radio serial done in the early 80s for an idea of the original cut. It's was pants!

Star Wars worked thanks to some amazing editing which completely turned the story around.

When it came to the prequels Lucas had TOO MUCH control so some of the bad that should have been LEFT on the cutting room floor got in. George is a visionary, but a flawed one. The prequels demonstrated the flaws that other people covered up in the original trilogy, but there's still gold in there.

I have to be honest, I love the original trilogy best. I watched the first prequel and hated it, then I just stopped watching altogether. I’ve heard the new films are good, but I just can’t seem to muster the enthusiasm to watch them.

Here's some of my favourite scenes from the prequels.

The opening to "Revenge of the Sith" - This scene just looks amazing and actually felt like an actual "war of the stars" was going on without dragging on for ages about politics.

Bar Scene in "Attack of the Clones" - This scene just always gets a chuckle out of me, and considering how devoid of humor the prequels can be this was a genuinely funny moment.

Opera Scene in "Revenge of the Sith" - A scene that was Ian McDiarmid's favourite (Ian been the actor who played Palpatine) and includes a true story used by Palpatine to lure Anakin closer to the Dark Side.

Anakin's slaughter of the Separatists in "Revenge of the Sith" - A scene that shows Hayden doing very much with no dialogue. Here, I don't see Anakin Skywalker; I see a helmet-less Darth Vader.

All Lightsaber Battles in Prequel Trilogy - This was definitely an improvement over the original trilogy; while not all were spectacular, the choreography and musical score definitely helped. (Prequel battles start at 6:40)

Relating to the original trilogy, I enjoy both of these videos:

TIE Fighter: An fan-made anime where the Empire and Rebel Alliance clash.

Star Wars SC 38 Reimagined: A new version of the Ben Kenobi / Darth Vader fight in A New Hope, but with a style similar to the prequel's lightsaber battles.

Vader - Episode 1: Shards of the Past: The first part of a series of fan films taking place after Revenge of the Sith but before A New Hope as a still conflicted Darth Vader is sent by the Emperor to kill a surviving Jedi; However, this Jedi is aware of who Vader was...and has a score to settle.

Here's some of my favourite scenes from the prequels.

The opening to "Revenge of the Sith" - This scene just looks amazing and actually felt like an actual "war of the stars" was going on without dragging on for ages about politics.

Bar Scene in "Attack of the Clones" - This scene just always gets a chuckle out of me, and considering how devoid of humor the prequels can be this was a genuinely funny moment.

Opera Scene in "Revenge of the Sith" - A scene that was Ian McDiarmid's favourite (Ian been the actor who played Palpatine) and includes a true story used by Palpatine to lure Anakin closer to the Dark Side.

Anakin's slaughter of the Separatists in "Revenge of the Sith" - A scene that shows Hayden doing very much with no dialogue. Here, I don't see Anakin Skywalker; I see a helmet-less Darth Vader.

All Lightsaber Battles in Prequel Trilogy - This was definitely an improvement over the original trilogy; while not all were spectacular, the choreography and musical score definitely helped. (Prequel battles start at 6:40)
those are good scenes

New Threads

Top Bottom