• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

St Patrick's Day (fun?)

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
It's that day of the year again, I don't drink, but it's always fun to people watch downtown on the big day... Heading downtown in awhile to look for "greenery" to photograph... Meantime one photo from 2018 St Patrick's

Stranger Portrait 10.jpg

Once I was in Heredia, Costa Rica with a team of engineers and some French technicians installing and setting up an e-beam sterilizer. It was St. Patricks day and we were having some beers at a local bar after a long day. One of the engineers brought green dye and we were sippin' green beers with snacks. The French thought we were crazy but they eventually joined in with green beers.

I came, I went, I saw... My photography tonight wasn't all that brilliant, I've done better... o_O

One photo, some other photographers I met...

St Patricks Day 01.jpg

Culture shocked. Looks cool!

Edit: Poor beer, getting messed up
The people looks nice and enjoy themselves

Whats up with this, girls in t-shirts and guy in a thick thingy ... jacket!?
I guess they work at some bar or something.

Last edited:
I don’t really celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, there is like a zero percent chance that I have any Irish lineage. Lol.

But St. Patrick’s Day is a HUGE deal where I live. My town in particular is mostly Irish-American, and so is the majority of the population of my state. But not me :p

It kind of just turns into a big noisy drunken mess around here so I avoid going out to dinner or the club or anything on March 17th every year :confused:

I spent this year’s St. Paddy’s Day in a dog training class doing advanced Obedience. Lol. My dog was not drunk, she was able to hold a five-minute sit-stay without breaking eye contact, literally while another dog was barking in her face :D
So that was my entertainment for the night.

I also haven’t had alcohol in almost a year.

But anyhow, if anyone does celebrate here, Happy St. Paddy’s Day! Although I’m about 5 hours too late :p

Yeah- St. Patrick's Day tends to be WAY more fun on the east coast than the west coast.

Cute in San Francisco, but absolute craic in Philly or Boston. :cool:

Yeah- St. Patrick's Day tends to be WAY more fun on the east coast than the west coast.

Cute in San Francisco, but absolute craic in Philly or Boston. :cool:

I talked with someone last night who is from Ontario, who told me how big a deal it is there, even parades in some places, we've never had a St Paddy's parade here in Calgary...

Funny timing since I just had a lovely conversation with a woman with an Irish accent. Of course she was dressed all in green!

New Threads

Top Bottom