• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sponsorship, keep your money I'd like your thoughts instead please.

Gracey

Not for me :)

I was talking to a young man in a pub. (Late teens/early twenties maybe?)
(Not what it seems :) ) - (long story)

His family were with him. Local, friendly place. All welcome and I'm related to a regular patron so even more welcomed despite new face.

This young man could work a rolling ball around the pool table in a way that caught my eye. As the evening progressed I noticed ticks, eloquent speech sometimes loud, restlessness, forced (?) or unrelaxed (?) laughter after something he'd stated. His comments were addressed to the room rather than any singular person (eye contact?)

When I was lining up a particular pool shot he blurted out "gently" and then awkwardly looked at the floor. I thanked him anyway.
I liked him immediately :)
He stated as part of a 'conversation' he has ADHD (I wondered if there was more to it than that)
I liked him even more after spotting an orange, latex wristband with white printed words, one of which was "Autism"

I tend to ask lots of questions, and with the input from his mum, there's a possibility this young man could be representing Great Britain in the 2019 Olympics. Something to do with football. His "thing" is a moving ball.

He wasn't so enthusiastic when talking about having to raise the two and a half grand to get himself over to Dubai for the games.

Obviously anything could happen between now and 2019 and he may not be selected as part of the final team. He will find out next year (2018)

So now to my question/s (you'll be pleased to read)

I'm thinking that a business could sponsor someone like this and use it for tax purposes. Am I correct?

Are charities concerned with a specific condition, for example Autism, known for sponsoring ambassadors? Representing the country and the condition?

Do any of you good folk have any previous experience or knowledge with this sort of thing?

I can write a very persuasive letter/email if I have some background on etiquette and tax write offs, in these situations.

His family were with him. Local, friendly place. All welcome and I'm related to a regular patron so even more welcomed despite new face.

This young man could work a rolling ball around the pool table in a way that caught my eye. As the evening progressed I noticed ticks, eloquent speech sometimes loud, restlessness, forced (?) or unrelaxed (?) laughter after something he'd stated. His comments were addressed to the room rather than any singular person (eye contact?)

When I was lining up a particular pool shot he blurted out "gently" and then awkwardly looked at the floor. I thanked him anyway.
He stated as part of a 'conversation' he has ADHD (I wondered if there was more to it than that)
I liked him even more after spotting an orange, latex wristband with white printed words, one of which was "Autism"

I tend to ask lots of questions, and with the input from his mum, there's a possibility this young man could be representing Great Britain in the 2019 Olympics. Something to do with football. His "thing" is a moving ball.

He wasn't so enthusiastic when talking about having to raise the two and a half grand to get himself over to Dubai for the games.

Obviously anything could happen between now and 2019 and he may not be selected as part of the final team. He will find out next year (2018)

I'm thinking that a business could sponsor someone like this and use it for tax purposes. Am I correct?

Are charities concerned with a specific condition, for example Autism, known for sponsoring ambassadors? Representing the country and the condition?

Do any of you good folk have any previous experience or knowledge with this sort of thing?

I can write a very persuasive letter/email if I have some background on etiquette and tax write offs, in these situations.
charities appear to have Ambassadors who are very well known so if you've not it would probably depend on the business if they want to sponsor him well known she probably wouldn't be picked

charities appear to have Ambassadors who are very well known so if you've not it would probably depend on the business if they want to sponsor him well known she probably wouldn't be picked
sorry about the above reply this is what my faulty phone does
to repeat I've rarely seen an Ambassadors who is not a celebrity what is called celebrity charities employ marketing strategies and are aware of what will bring in donations.
the business may sponsor him but it will depend on what they believe in

There are tons of stories about how people get to the Olympics, or become movie stars, or singers...
I'm sure there are sponsors for this... BUT he needs to do what he just did for you BECOME NOTICED.
Once his talent speaks for itself (and if he is already in the prelims) it has, but he has to keep it up and somebody will get him all the way... I sure hope he gets on... If you get the chance keep us posted with his progress.

If he has the true talent NIKE, or some big corp will help him easy... Its just getting noticed... thats the tough part.

New Threads

Top Bottom