• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SPARTAN-B125 has landed

SPARTAN-B125

Hi everyone! I don't feel comfortable enough to say my name yet, but I am currently thirty, male and can generally settle on the fact that I have either Aspergers or high-functioning autism (I was diagnosed aspie in 1995, but later doctors said different things so I'm a little confused.)

If you could get that my username's a Halo reference, then I'll tell you I love video games. Like a lot. My dream is to create my own computer games to express the way that I see the world, which can admittedly range from agreeable to downright non-Euclidean. I currently make Doom mods but want to get into programming my own games from scratch (I know a fair amount of C and C++ already. My late dad programmed mainframes)

I am easily upset by negative things that are happening in the world, I am naturally a worrier but am training to be a warrior instead. It isn't easy though. Since I was ten years old I have been handcrafting my own set of spiritual or religious beliefs which gives me great happiness in good times and comforts me in hard times. I'm naturally creative and many of my interests might be considered silly or at least abnormal.

And there you have it! Hope I said enough, and not too much.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

Hi Spartan-B125 and welcome. You don't have to use your real name - not many do. Thanks for joining us and hope you find yourself glad you did.

Welcome Spartan=B125.
I started forming my own set of spiritual beliefs also around age 9.
Always felt we should think for ourselves.

Your name sounds like a super vitamin! Need vigor? Try Spartan B125 free for 30 days! Lol
Welcome to the forum.

Your name sounds like a super vitamin! Need vigor? Try Spartan B125 free for 30 days! Lol
Welcome to the forum.

It's funny because I DO actually take vitamins to help me focus. But nope, my name's a reference to how the soldiers of the SPARTAN-III program are named in Halo: Reach (one of my favorite games of all time.)

Welcome Spartan=B125.
I started forming my own set of spiritual beliefs also around age 9.
Always felt we should think for ourselves.

Really? That's so cool! I'd love to hear more about them if you care to share. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Be glad to PM you about it. Maybe compare notes.
But, right now it is 1 AM and just about to go to bed. Talk soon.

Hi Spartan

welcome to af.png

Hello, Spartan-B125. I love that you're also a person who appreciates Doom, not many people into gaming history do nowadays for some reason! They just write the lines: Doom was a tad too violent, but it looked a bit nice, though, or something like that. I assume you make Doom mods for Doom 1 and 2? Ever played Brutal Doom? I heard that is a good one.

Hello and welcome !

I hope you find a good place to express yourself here^^

Your reminded me that a "recent" DOOM(doom 3 was my first fps) game existed and now I am downloading it thanks!

Oh yeah.....more Spartans! There are other Spartans here. You all could get together and sing the Paean. That sure put the fear into everyone wherever they went.

I am easily upset by negative things that are happening in the world, I am naturally a worrier but am training to be a warrior instead.

Welcome!!! Sounds like we have a lot in common. In my early teens (I'm 65 now) I had a gut feeling or premonition that a global catastrophic event would occur during my lifetime. I was "reading the times", which actually have gotten worst and ended up reading a lot about military
strategy & tactics to prepare mentally, then intense weight lifting to prepare physically. Don't lose sight of your dreams and always stay vigilant.

Hello, Spartan-B125. I love that you're also a person who appreciates Doom, not many people into gaming history do nowadays for some reason! They just write the lines: Doom was a tad too violent, but it looked a bit nice, though, or something like that. I assume you make Doom mods for Doom 1 and 2? Ever played Brutal Doom? I heard that is a good one.

Oh I love Brutal Doom. Studying its Decorate code helped me greatly in making my own WADs. I now know the basics of making custom weapons, enemies and other stuff. Russian Overkill is another favorite WAD of mine, and another source of inspiration in looking at the code. But for my dream projects (pretty advanced total conversions) I'm gonna want to learn Zscript. My source port of choice is GZDoom.

Aha! I bet you could tell my avatar is the Doom Slayer! I just recently built a new high-end PC for myself about a month ago with Windows 10 (still getting used to it,) and have been playing Doom 2016 pretty nonstop. It's flippin' sweet (to quote Napoleon Dynamite.)

One thing I regret not mentioning about myself, is that I draw. Like a whole lot. Many people consider me an amazing artist though honestly, I am a slow but steady learner and my art projects can take weeks if not months for me to finish due to my motivation and discouragement issues. I would show you here but a lot of it can get M-rated pretty quickly and I doubt that's appropriate for here. I draw a lot of guns, armor, mechs, alien creatures, other sci-fi/military stuff. But I also love drawing cute things too.

The main thing which draws me to Doom as not just a game, but a creative medium as well, is that it is so old (December 1993) but has been upgraded quite a bit over the decades. As strange as this sounds I feel a deep, spiritual connection to early-90s computers, software and games as my dad used them extensively in my early childhood. One thing I am deeply upset by is how fast technology changes and becomes obsolete. I tend to dislike modern games, especially mobile games, because I find the business practices unethical and the content itself bland, soulless and sterile. Every one of my peers except me seems to love the new technology. I feel so alone!

But my dream is to "defy" the norm, and use a combination of Doom and my own raw coding to create games that look and feel just the way they used to, but with a lot of new stuff too.

Last edited:
Oh I love Brutal Doom. Studying its Decorate code helped me greatly in making my own WADs. I now know the basics of making custom weapons, enemies and other stuff. Russian Overkill is another favorite WAD of mine, and another source of inspiration in looking at the code. But for my dream projects (pretty advanced total conversions) I'm gonna want to learn Zscript. My source port of choice is GZDoom.
Lol. I want to make my own games, too. Not just mods, but standalone games. I figure that a milsim-type FPS similar to Arma or Escape From Tarkov would be pretty neat. I have two cool new innovate gamemodes that I believe is innovative and I think nobody has done before. I'm not telling, though. Don't want anybody yoinking them, especially since I fear that AAA devs might send people to the internet to yoink ideas from up-and-coming indie devs that're too careless about over-sharing info about their games.
One thing I regret not mentioning about myself, is that I draw. Like a whole lot. Many people consider me an amazing artist though honestly, I am a slow but steady learner and my art projects can take weeks if not months for me to finish due to my motivation and discouragement issues.
I sometimes have the same problem. I love to draw, but I wish I could draw more, but I'm too busy to do so RN. Most of the motivation and discouragement issues I have stems from me running 2 small YouTube channels.
I would show you here but a lot of it can get M-rated pretty quickly and I doubt that's appropriate for here. I draw a lot of guns, armor, mechs, alien creatures, other sci-fi/military stuff. But I also love drawing cute things too.
Guns and sci-fi/military stuff isn't banned here, as long as there isn't anything that may be disturbing to some people in there.
The main thing which draws me to Doom as not just a game, but a creative medium as well... As strange as this sounds I feel a deep, spiritual connection to early-90s computers, software and games as my dad used them extensively in my early childhood. One thing I am deeply upset by is how fast technology changes and becomes obsolete. I tend to dislike modern games, especially mobile games, because I find the business practices unethical and the content itself bland, soulless and sterile. Every one of my peers except me seems to love the new technology. I feel so alone!
Same here. I use the Dolphin EMU to get a nostalgia high every now and then by playing some WII games on there. Nowadays, it seems like it's impossible to get that kinda high from third-party emulators, rom-hosting sites, and fangames, especially since Nintendo has tried to murder all three of those. It also seems impossible to play a Free-To-Play or even paid game in a pay-to-win manner (meaning minimal or no microtransactions and paid DLC). It's kinda irritating. Game used to give fans exactly what they wanted, but it's not really the case anymore. Sometimes, you can't even trust indies.
But my dream is to "defy" the norm, and use a combination of Doom and my own raw coding to create games that look and feel just the way they used to, but with a lot of new stuff too.
Yeah, same. I don't want to jump on the bandwagon like many AAA and indie devs do. I considered a battle royal mode for the game I wanna make, but then the market got over-ran by battle royal games recently, first with the popularity of PuBG, and then the absolutely cancerous outbreak of Fortnite onto the internet. Yeah, at least PuBG was good. Lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom