• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you dislike

Pricetag by Jessie somebody. I don't know why but I just hate this song.

Any song that shouts "yeah" too much - except for the Usher song Yeah, because he just says it quick. But songs that scream it out "yeeeahhh-yeeeahhh" can become an earworm. Or their lyrics morph into "yeah", for example "I'm loving ya-yeeeahh-yeeeahh" or something like that (that's just an example, no reference of any existing songs).

my childhood was riddled with songs that sucked.
from 50 Cent to Miley Cyris,
I only liked songs like Hey Ya,
or something else? really can't say.

but while I do like "Jolene",
it's played like all the time! and one night at a bar I got so annoyed by it,
and they played it anyway! I wanted ANY SONG BESIDES IT BY PARTON!
MAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

I also hate the crap out of
Dubstep. it ruined Techno and EDM so badly.

Pricetag by Jessie somebody. I don't know why but I just hate this song.

Any song that shouts "yeah" too much - except for the Usher song Yeah, because he just says it quick. But songs that scream it out "yeeeahhh-yeeeahhh" can become an earworm. Or their lyrics morph into "yeah", for example "I'm loving ya-yeeeahh-yeeeahh" or something like that (that's just an example, no reference of any existing songs).

Hard agree with those 2. I quite like Jessie Js other songs but price tag lyrics are very tired and overdone. Yeah Yeah Yeah Song I mean the less said about those lyrics the better! 🤣🤣🤣. I suppose the beat is decent for a club banger.

I don't know, some of the 90s songs do my head in too lol. I hear a song on the radio I've only recently heard and assume it's not long come out, but then I find out it actually came out in the 90s. It never fails to surprise me.

Like that astro/robotic-like song Around The World. Apparently that was released in the 90s but I never heard it until like 3 years ago when it was playing on Heart radio at work.

And don't get me started on Heart radio. It seems to be the only radio station we can get at work, and it drives me nuts. I enjoy like 25% of the songs they play, and the rest I really hate and I feel like throwing a rock at the radio. They play the same playlist of songs every day but just in a different order, so I know I'm going to hear my worst songs at some point during my shift.

I can understand why people hate EDM so much.

one of my fave genres, yes. but it is
still made by cold unfeeling machinery.

still, I do loves me some futuristic sounds.

my childhood was riddled with songs that sucked.
from 50 Cent to Miley Cyris,
I only liked songs like Hey Ya,
or something else? really can't say.

but while I do like "Jolene",
it's played like all the time! and one night at a bar I got so annoyed by it,
and they played it anyway! I wanted ANY SONG BESIDES IT BY PARTON!
MAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

I also hate the crap out of
Dubstep. it ruined Techno and EDM so badly.
Agree with those, except Jolene.

Dubstep was all the rage when I was at uni and i didn't get on with it at all. But wouldn't stop me getting drunk and moshing to dub step groups that visited our student union! That was fun but the CD was usually crap

50 cent was so mid, people played him on the school bus :(

Last edited:
'Trouble' by Taylor Swift. I'm beginning to hate her because of the irritating songs that she sings.

A friend of mine did show me some of her deep cuts which were surprisingly good. I mean very good.

I don't mind her pop music mostly, it's the PR stunts that get on my wick.

Last edited:
I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys. I don't know why, it's just so boring and non-descript, and I keep thinking they're going to sing "I want it now" instead of "that way", and the bit after it sounds like another song but don't know the name.
It always sounded like an innuendo

I don't feel like doing anything by Bruno Mars (I think). I don't know why, it just annoys me whenever it comes on. The ska-like background that just doesn't sound right in modern music.
That song is rubbish haha *whistles*. It just sounds like advert muzac or a copyright free song a YouTuber would use for a backing track to their pet video. 'Billionaire' is just a rehash of that song.
'When I was your man' is also baffling successful. All bland enough to appeal to the broadest amount of people.

I'd also be happy to never hear uptown funk ever again

Treasure and Locked out of heaven are bangers though. In terms of musical output, he hasn't yet earned his diva behaviour yet.

Last edited:
Haven't been on the forum in a good long while, but...

The list of songs I don't like would probably take me the next 20 years to type out, so I'll just simply broaden the answer a bit.

Genres I can't stand: Rap, modern R&B (anything post 1989), modern pop (anything post-1989), country, EDM, and metal (with one exception--I absolutely love Dream Theater).

Genres I really like: 70's/80's rock and pop, progressive rock, jazz, fusion, classical, soul/R&B (pre-1989)

A list of specific artists I really like, that would take me at least a month to write. Lol

Oh, and don't get me started on my absolute loathing of that wretched piece of production technology known as Auto-Tune.

I can understand why people hate EDM so much.

one of my fave genres, yes. but it is
still made by cold unfeeling machinery.

still, I do loves me some futuristic sounds.
That's why Radiohead and Portishead are 2 of my favourite bands. They can marry cold technology with a human heart. Same with Kate Bush, In the 80s with her Fair Light gizmo.

2010s has to be the worst decade on record although 2020s might beat it. Ariana Grande has an amazing voice and tone and done some amazing stuff but sometimes they know it too much you know? Like you don't have to do those vocal runs every 4 bars, less is more 99% of the time.

Last edited:

This song has triggered me, how bad the singing is. Discount Abba and Bowie vocals. The instrumental is alright though. But when you think a nice guitar lead is coming in they just finish, do you think we don't have the attention span for a lead solo anymore? "Stoooopid sooooong!"

Last edited:
Hard agree with those 2. I quite like Jessie Js other songs but price tag lyrics are very tired and overdone. Yeah Yeah Yeah Song I mean the less said about those lyrics the better! 🤣🤣🤣. I suppose the beat is decent for a club banger.
I was referring to the song "We Are Young" by Janelle somebody, I thought it sounded like they were adding "yeah, yeah" at the end of the sentences in the chorus but then after Googling the lyrics I found they never once used the word "yeah". 🤣
But I still dislike songs that go "yeah" too much.

New Threads

Top Bottom