• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sometimes it's not our fault

Peeta

For context, I work for a detachment agency. Got a contract with them, but they send me to places who need employees. No stable environment for more than a few months, jobs vary, but I can deal.

When I started this job I was send for a trial period to a company which desperately needed hands. This trial was for the detachment agency, to see if they wanted to permanently hire me. The trial went great, my assignment got extended twice and the agency was enthusiastic to hire me. Second assigment lasted a week, but things were positive.

Then we get to my current assignment. First three months went well and I got another extension. This extension has been three months of hell for me. I couldn't deliver/produce work 'up to standards' of my local employer. They constantly changed their mind, forgot what they said an hour before and combine that with my conflict anxiety, things went south pretty quick.

A few weeks ago, I was nearing depression. I started to have mini panic attacks when the employer was in the same room with me (and seeing as we share a room, that's a lot of time). I was second guessing myself, my self esteem was going down the drain and I had fight/flight responses as soon as I took my car to work. It was then that I decided I had enough and contact my boss, my real boss, from the agency that detaches me. She invited me for lunch and we discussed the situation.

You guys have no idea how much that lunch helped me. My boss jumped on it and started prodding. Apparently the local employer was giving me tasks way above my skill level and their colleagues all reported that they were extremely chaotic, flipfloppity and that before me there were already two people who ran the hell out of there. My boss even went so far as telling me that she thinks I perform well, that she is very happy I came to her and that she finds it very good of me that I'm seeking therapy for my assertiveness problems.

Tomorrow will be my last day in this assignment. I will never have to see the local employer again. Things are still a mess, but I've stopped caring and feel a lot better. Local colleagues have come to me to say goodbye and that they had a nice time working with me. My next assignment, while a horrible ways drive away, looks a lot better and more structured.

Besides wanting to vent about the last couple of months of frustration, I really want people here to know: It's not always our fault and it can get better.

New Threads

Top Bottom