• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sometimes I need to be sedated.

I relate so much to this. I suspect I’m on the other end of life being so much older. I went through this countless times.

Here’s what I found out later that helped me (hopefully something useful for you):

It’s okay to take ani anxiety and anti depressant medications in times of acote stress and anxiety. I finally sought help and started taking Wellbutrin and atavax which has been tremendous help in relieving the horrifying anxiety I was going through.

I studied and started trying to practice self care. This means I had a good look at my limitations and strengths as well as what triggers that onslaught of adrenaline and cortisol that made me want to crawl out of my skin and jump off a bridge.

I started to manage my time and activity by assigning priority scores and prep recover times accordingly. “A” activities like public events require a day before and possibly two after. I have to schedule accordingly. “B” events like going to stores or post office, one day before and after, etc according to what I was discovering about my stimulation limitations.

I also started wearing sunglasses even indoors to lower the stimulation. Earphones or earbuds when I shop, etc.

I prioritized the process of figuring this out and implementing plus the continuous implementation.

I hope for you blessings to discover the key to your well being and peace of mind.
sometimes i do need to be sedated however i want to be happy its hard at times.

i could not help it lol from the duck in your profile, I could say goose after you said duck duck.I just like calling you duck duck because of the duck haha. Duck Duck...Goose, *runs around the circle then sits in the center while everyone chants mush mush. Lol sorry a little silly im on my meds.

I loved being called "duck duck"! I just get excited anytime anyone says "duck!"

Once I was holding a stuffed duck, and a child yelled, "Duck!" but I forgot I was holding it so I yelled, "Duck!? Where!?" and the child yelled, "There!" and I said, "Where!?" and the child said, "In your hand!" and I said, "Oh! ...do you like ducks?" and the child said, "No."

This happened yesterday. Some random kid!

Last edited:

I saved it! Which means you've changed my life forever! Thank you!
I want this to be my ringtone!
How does the whole world not love ducks!!!!

I think I love both you guys! Also, @AspieOtaku, I am sending you cyber hugs because I can't give you RL hugs.
Hugs, hugs, hugs.

I like ducks, especially wood ducks, which are also called black ducks ...

I think I love both you guys! Also, @AspieOtaku, I am sending you cyber hugs because I can't give you RL hugs.
Hugs, hugs, hugs.

I like ducks, especially wood ducks, which are also called black ducks ...

I love you too, and wood ducks are one of my favorite!!! :eek: My favorite duck is dah Bufflehead! :cool:

My favorite are mallards, ducks are cute.When male and female mallards mate they are paired for life.Wish humans took notes these days, she leaves me im alone and sad and she eventually feels alone and sad and realizes she had it good but its too late.I no longer give exes a second chance.

Last edited:
I admit I didn't read page 2 and 3 of comments, so I apologize if my comment has already been covered.

You are acting like your only antidotes to stress and panic are a lover or medications. Look into meditation. Almost any therapist can teach you how to do it, or you can sign up for a class in "mindfulness" (it's the same thing, basically). This way you have your own remedy always available, the medication or weed can be your back up. Good luck!

I admit I didn't read page 2 and 3 of comments, so I apologize if my comment has already been covered.

You are acting like your only antidotes to stress and panic are a lover or medications. Look into meditation. Almost any therapist can teach you how to do it, or you can sign up for a class in "mindfulness" (it's the same thing, basically). This way you have your own remedy always available, the medication or weed can be your back up. Good luck!
They are not, trying meditation but sometimes i get clouded with emotions and fear cannot slow down always in panic, trying to manage without meds and trying real hard like adjusting my diet and increase vitamin b intake and tryptophan suppliments to work on insomnia etc cbd oils ya might frown on but its starting to work.

The doctors prefer to sedate me for my own good whether i like it or not, i just think they want me to shut up.

I want to be awake, i need to make time to find a quiet place like the ocean or the forest and let things out then relax and find inner peace.

Im going to the ocean asap scream out my pain and anger without making a scene, the sound of waves drown it out and im relaxed and soothed by the waves and cold winds.In the end the ocean tells me to calm down and everything is going to be ok, as more waves come in and i see the horizon nothing else matters.

New Threads

Top Bottom