• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something Strange (POTENTIALLY SENSITIVE)

My background with Christianity is that I grew up in a Cristian home and going to church. I had a bible when I was around 9 years old, and whilst I was familiar with bible stories, I did not understand what I read in my bible, it didn't make any sense to me (maybe due to dyslexia?). But I clearly remember that I always felt better after reading the Psalms and Proverbs, they had a calming effect on me and I felt more at peace. I had time away from God during my teenage years+ but came back to God in recent years. I still find the Psalms to be of particular benefit to calming a troubled mind/heart as well as worship music. One song that I find particulary helpful when I have a troubled mind is His Voice (makes the difference)

I believe that being a Christian means having a relationship with God as a pose to following a religion and that Salvation comes through faith in who Jesus is and what He did at Calvary and not through works (following a list of do's and don'ts).

Hi Vinca I'm not too different from you...I never left the church but there is christian and Christian. I agree with you except I think think it's all of the above, However you are right it is hard to really have true faith or works without being truly close to God...there is a hidden sort of communing that is hard to maintain sometimes....but when you do the whole mind seems to shift into a better place. I need to keep working on that it is so easy to get tired and distracted in life. :) Mael says Hi!

New Threads

Top Bottom