• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something a bit different this time, also I got an art glove finally

Misery

Amalga Heart
V.I.P Member
Okay so look at this:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg

So this is what I've been doing for like the past two days, is making this. I bought an art glove to use with the iPad so my hand would stop sticking to the blasted screen, and that worked, so I dont have to draw on there so horribly slowly. I dont know how I ever used the thing without one. But then, I didnt know what they were.

I didnt do shading on this one, primarily because I ran out of patience. But I might go and add it later.

And yeah, I'm aware that the hands kinda suck and the leg is a bit off. Hands are difficult (even with one less finger on each) and the legs were done last, when I was more than a bit tired of the stupid device.

The background is one of my kaleidoscopic fractal creations. I'm tired of making things with just blank white backgrounds, and a surreal one fits the character. Her name is Pomni, she's from a video series that isnt actually out yet, "The Amazing Digital Circus". Saw the trailers, just adore the character design, had to give it a shot.

If you're wondering why she isnt exactly happy here, the series is a dark comedy that is apparently partly inspired by "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream", and "Popee the Performer", among a couple of others. If you know what those are, well... you can probably do the math on that. Popee is a particular favorite of mine as well, what an absolute fever dream... if you've never heard of that one, look it up, seriously. There's nothing else like it, and the entire series, originally aired on TV in Japan, is on Youtube. You dont need to know Japanese to watch it, there's no dialogue. Really, it's worth a look if you like surreal hilarity. The characters from that series are also on my "going to draw them" list. Eventually.

The big problem I run into with these is that they just take forever. Drawing with the pencils actually takes less time than drawing on the iPad. I figure I must have a bloody terrible workflow... there's got to be better and more efficient ways of doing this. That's part of why I didnt shade it yet, it was simply taking way too long. On paper, I would have finished with it and shaded it yesterday. Though, doing it on paper brings its own frustrations.

I think the next couple of things I make wont be characters, maybe a bit of a break from that. Flowers, maybe? I'm not sure. I have trouble coming up with ideas.

Let me know what you think.

I think vectorial images are way more useful than realistic ones. You can now scale, or animate your creation, use it for a videogame... and recicle it for other purposes like Disney does.

So even if it seems slow, it could be used for many things. Also you can ask an AI to detail it for you.

So in terms of project creation, you have advanced a lot. If you did for fun, its great too.

I like it.

Sweet. Branching out and trying new things.

It looks like you are combining two interests here, two with the figure drawing and the fractal background.

I got a bit confused. Is this an original character you drew or is it from something?

Sweet. Branching out and trying new things.

It looks like you are combining two interests here, two with the figure drawing and the fractal background.

I got a bit confused. Is this an original character you drew or is it from something?

She's from a series (which isnt out yet, I think the first episode hits in 4 days or so) called The Amazing Digital Circus.

Drawing is one thing, but character design is a whole other skill that I really dont have, so I havent tried too much of doing that.

New Threads

Top Bottom