• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Socially tired

Well, I tend to be energized by outdoor activity, and yesterday hiked for 3 hours with a group of friends, then afterwards socialized with 2 of the couples and had dinner with one when we decided we were not up for cooking. Both gains and losses of energy, but it left me with a net positive.

Well, I tend to be energized by outdoor activity, and yesterday hiked for 3 hours with a group of friends, then afterwards socialized with 2 of the couples and had dinner with one when we decided we were not up for cooking. Both gains and losses of energy, but it left me with a net positive.
Me too!! Even being overweight with a somewhat limiting disability, I am a very dedicated hiker and explorer!
I would be outdoors 24/7 if it worked with my schedule. But I am for a large percentage of every single day!
Sometimes I can only cover about 2 miles before I suffer from exhaustion but it’s worth it.

Sadly I can’t really run much, or swim :( Which makes me nervous around water which sucks. But I’m fine on a boat with a life vest!

This made me laugh.
We had a piano at my parents’ house that I swear was haunted.

At the Stanley Hotel they used to have Mrs, Stanleys piano in the lobby. I was in the hotel in theb off season so I was litterally the only person, but the desk watch, in the lobby. My trajectory took me on a path that brought me adjecent to, but still about 5 feet from, Mrs. S's piano. And as I passed it it played a little trill that was not just the jangling of random piano keys.

A lunch with friends might only last two hours, but I swear I pay for that two hours with 4 hours recuperating. That's o.k. because it ensures I only lunch with those I really like and keeps me from wasting time and energy on mean people.[/QUOTE]
OMG, the Stanley! When we were married we had little money so we Honeymooned at RMNP, backpacking in the Never Summer Range for 5 days. Back in Estes Park, worn and dirty, we got a room at the Stanley. There was an amazing large claw-foot iron tub, so we scoured the town for bubble bath without success. We bought a bottle of Ivory Dish Soap and had a great time in the tub together!

I’m absolutely tired out, and it has only been one day. I can’t even claim it’s because I’m out of practice. It’s just been a very busy last few days. I crafting motivation over the weekend would help to reset, so I’m a little disappointed that I’m still feeling exhausted physically and emotionally, however this is not my first feeling from this type of thing and it won’t be my last. I guess, my question is does anyone else experience sudden overwhelming feelings of just tired out after some form of social situation? And how do you deal with it?
I saw my therapist yesterday and when I finished, I felt completely exhausted. All I wanted to do was go back home and go to sleep. This was our 3rd meeting, so not even close to comfortable yet. Having a difficult time settling down and relaxing. 'Use you breathing techniques'...easier said than done under the circumstances. Anytime I interact, I feel exhausted.

@Gerald Wilgus,
When did you honeymoon in the park? There is a chance I could have waited on you at one of the restaurants in town if you stopped at any. :)
That was back in 1979. I have had a fondness for that National Park. After freeze dried meals for 5 days we enjoyed a Mexican restaurant in town.

upload_2022-3-17_10-11-11.png

New Threads

Top Bottom