• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Social oddities/manipulation based on wanting certain social input/output - sort of devil's advocacy

I see. But can you give a specific example of a something she said?
I usually have problems with specifics. I'll try however...

It was like avoidance to arrive contradictions regarding predetermined choice. OK, she claimed that I focused on details on a test. Yes, I got similar scores than those who focus on details. However I know people who have done the test and scored similarly but their drawings were opposite from detail to top. I never arrived to details in my drawing it was a crude outline (apparently most people can not understand how I perceive information but it has been extremely clear when I have met detailed people. For example my sister said that she can not believe me when I was trying to differentiate two dogs... they looked identicals to me). Hence she essentially claimed that correlation was causation and did not listen to me one bit. She gave zero explanations. I see huge similarity with me and schizotypal personality when it comes to disturbances of bottom up thinking. This is from Millon's view not really check in box kind of evaluation.

Last edited:
I see. But can you give a specific example of a something she said?
Ah I have an issue to talk about everything in lateral non specific context. It was like she assumed that I knew but I merely guessed. It was hard to communicate. Like I said as I have a clear indication of a brain damage so it is probably the best practice to treat it as one. I mean it kind of makes me wonder if we a have clear causal link and autism does not have one then why should we muddy the waters.

New Threads

Top Bottom