• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So I’m really baffled and I just don’t get it.

Looks like I wasted a lot of time boarding.

You could have told me sooner.

a dollop of 'blue tac' for the spy holes

and repurpose the wood and screws used for boarding as a fancy table?

butchers block? postmortem table?chopstick supplies?
(like to place an order)

unless you've welded sheet metal over entrances...
repurpose and enter Robo-Wars?

a dollop of 'blue tac' for the spy holes

and repurpose the wood and screws used for boarding as a fancy table?

butchers block? postmortem table?chopstick supplies?
(like to place an order)

unless you've welded sheet metal over entrances...
repurpose and enter Robo-Wars?

Now I'm singing 'bring back the dollop'

To the tune of 'boiled beef and carrots'

Are you?

maybe a geographical thing? colloquial?
not sure?
but texting someone not known well is called "speaking to" (mainly in courtship) these days.

it's like there are various stages before actually getting out on a date or a group social with people.

perhaps not quite what you mean @GadAbout?

(I've been stating irrelevancies for 50 years,
I'm not going to stop now :) )
Yeah, not quite what I mean.

I realize texting is an initial stage of courtship if you have "met" someone online in a dating context. Not the case here. The OP is a guy as are the other 4 mountain bikers, near as I can tell. An alternate approach (face-to-face, beer-to-beer, etc.) is needed before the OP should presume to have anything but an acquaintance relationship with these chaps.

What is a British dollop? An American dollop is a spoonful of something amorphous such as whipped cream, softened butter, or jam.

A British dollop is an original dollop.

More a comment on word histories and such,some die out,some remain.
America a good example as some words died out hundreds of years ago I. England,still used in America

I was kind of in the same boat recently.

One of the people still never responded.

One finally responded but it was because she never checks the messages where I was sending it so that why there was a huge delay.

The other finally responded after I sent another message saying "Hey can you see this message?" pretending that I am checking if they are getting the messages. They finally responded to my question, but they did seem kind of busy at the moment.

Sometimes you have to accept the fact that people may have plans already for those days or just not feeling like going. Try not to think about it too much, maybe you will ride with them again soon and find out they had stuff going on during that time and that's why they couldn't get back to you

so you joined on your own and weren't invited by any of these 700 people?

No, I was asked by a friend I used to work with to go on a ride with them. On the ride the guy who started the group told me about the group on Facebook. He gave me a couple stickers and I’ve been in the group since. Typically only about 8-15 people show for the rides with about 5 random people showing pending on the location.

No, I was asked by a friend I used to work with to go on a ride with them. On the ride the guy who started the group told me about the group on Facebook. He gave me a couple stickers and I’ve been in the group since. Typically only about 8-15 people show for the rides with about 5 random people showing pending on the location.
Is this former co worker who is your friend someone you usually ride with? How connected is this person with other people there?

New Threads

Top Bottom