• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So I tantrumed and broke my phone

It's hayfever I've had for 6 weeks, on top of all my prior difficulties that prompted me to seek government disability support, which I have been told I would get a call for, weeks ago, but haven't, this was my tipping point issue. I'm now on antihistimines that actually give relief (as opposed to one's that didn't work) but they make me very lacklustre. I'm back to passive suicidal ideation because my quality of life is not good. I don't particularly 'suffer from anger', I'm a loving person, I just wish I wasn't so debilitated, so I could express that, more fully. So yeah, suffering, my body is not fun to be in, at all, at the moment.
Hopefully, my guyfriend helps me buy a new phone, very soon. I can't really access any supports without one and I'm worried my children have been trying to get in contact with me, too.

A whole lot of other factors contributed, even one stressor from here. But, mainly the Hayfever.

Thank you to all, who responded, with the intent to give me some support. I really do appreciate you.

Hayfever has stolen my festive season from me, and I'm wondering just how long it's going to last? I've never had it this long before, and luckily, it's not an every year sickness, for me. But, this year, it's devastating me.

I get hay fever all year round, only I don't think it's hay fever exactly. It's more like rhinitis, where I just get flare-ups for no apparent reason. I've been tested for allergies and it appears I'm not exactly allergic to anything specific in my environment, even though the symptoms I get are all hay fever symptoms, plus more.
It's starts off with an itchy throat and back of tongue (but not sore or anything), which then travels to the roof of my mouth and to my ears. If I itch the roof of my mouth with my tongue it starts off all the nasal mucus and the itching suddenly spreads through my sinuses causing them to swell underneath my eyes. Once it has reached this stage taking an antihistamine doesn't work.
Then the sneezing starts up, which never relieves anything. My left nostril suddenly gets that type of dryness where ironically it runs non-stop like a tap and I literally have to hold a tissue there. If I get one of these attacks at work I have to do everything one-handed because I have to hold a tissue there. This can last several hours, sometimes all day. Then it doesn't happen for a few weeks until the next time.
To others I look like I have a really bad cold, so I have to truthfully tell people that it is not a cold and so I am not contagious. I know it's not a cold, because it comes on too quickly, doesn't involve the feverish unwell feeling you get with a cold, and doesn't involve a sore throat or swollen glands. I know when I do have a cold (and I rarely get colds, probably because these sinus flare-ups I get washes out my sinuses so vigorously that a virus doesn't have the chance to breed lol).

Sorry, didn't mean to make this thread about myself, I was just sharing a similar thing I have to you. Right now my sinuses are fine, but for all I know in 5 minutes from now they could flare up. That's how sudden it happens, so I have to come prepared by always having antihistamines or nasal sprays on me.

I get hay fever all year round, only I don't think it's hay fever exactly. It's more like rhinitis, where I just get flare-ups for no apparent reason. I've been tested for allergies and it appears I'm not exactly allergic to anything specific in my environment, even though the symptoms I get are all hay fever symptoms, plus more.
It's starts off with an itchy throat and back of tongue (but not sore or anything), which then travels to the roof of my mouth and to my ears. If I itch the roof of my mouth with my tongue it starts off all the nasal mucus and the itching suddenly spreads through my sinuses causing them to swell underneath my eyes. Once it has reached this stage taking an antihistamine doesn't work.
Then the sneezing starts up, which never relieves anything. My left nostril suddenly gets that type of dryness where ironically it runs non-stop like a tap and I literally have to hold a tissue there. If I get one of these attacks at work I have to do everything one-handed because I have to hold a tissue there. This can last several hours, sometimes all day. Then it doesn't happen for a few weeks until the next time.
To others I look like I have a really bad cold, so I have to truthfully tell people that it is not a cold and so I am not contagious. I know it's not a cold, because it comes on too quickly, doesn't involve the feverish unwell feeling you get with a cold, and doesn't involve a sore throat or swollen glands. I know when I do have a cold (and I rarely get colds, probably because these sinus flare-ups I get washes out my sinuses so vigorously that a virus doesn't have the chance to breed lol).

Sorry, didn't mean to make this thread about myself, I was just sharing a similar thing I have to you. Right now my sinuses are fine, but for all I know in 5 minutes from now they could flare up. That's how sudden it happens, so I have to come prepared by always having antihistamines or nasal sprays on me.
What you wrote was actually really helpful @Misty Avich . Thank you for sharing and I'm sorry to hear that you have such a rough time with it too. I had a reeeeaaaallly good day yesterday, no sneezing, no blowing my nose and no medication until bed time. It made me so happy! This morning I have been a bit snotty but not too bad.

Update; My guy friend got me a new phone yesterday! I love it. It's secondhand but has a good camera, better than any phone I've ever had.
I'm going to take extra good care of it. No more throwing phones around. I still have a lot of growing up to do. Even though I now have 7 adult children, myself. They have all helped me grow up as well as me helping them grow up. My youngest son tells me that I average out at the emotional age of about 30, because I'm really immature and childish in ways, and I'm really wise like a really old person in ways, so it evens out at about 30, even though I'm 51 now and a grandmother. Autism. It's "spikey".

It's hayfever I've had for 6 weeks, on top of all my prior difficulties that prompted me to seek government disability support, which I have been told I would get a call for, weeks ago, but haven't, this was my tipping point issue. I'm now on antihistimines that actually give relief (as opposed to one's that didn't work) but they make me very lacklustre. I'm back to passive suicidal ideation because my quality of life is not good. I don't particularly 'suffer from anger', I'm a loving person, I just wish I wasn't so debilitated, so I could express that, more fully. So yeah, suffering, my body is not fun to be in, at all, at the moment.
Hopefully, my guyfriend helps me buy a new phone, very soon. I can't really access any supports without one and I'm worried my children have been trying to get in contact with me, too.

A whole lot of other factors contributed, even one stressor from here. But, mainly the Hayfever.

Thank you to all, who responded, with the intent to give me some support. I really do appreciate you.

Hayfever has stolen my festive season from me, and I'm wondering just how long it's going to last? I've never had it this long before, and luckily, it's not an every year sickness, for me. But, this year, it's devastating me.
Strange you say hayfever, do you live near the equator ?,as the hay part is summer, a tree allergy is earlier but the equator alters plant life, a dust allergy or allergy to animal hair dander is 365 days

Strange you say hayfever, do you live near the equator ?,as the hay part is summer, a tree allergy is earlier but the equator alters plant life, a dust allergy or allergy to animal hair dander is 365 day
Yes, it was the middle of summer. I live in Northern New South Wales, Australia.

New Threads

Top Bottom