• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So called customer service

Aspergers_Aspie

Another one of the service users at the Asperger's drop in centre we were attending before Corona virus said he has been refused entry to some clubs as the bouncer or doorman didn't like him, despite him doing nothing wrong. I know sometimes if a member of staff doesn't like someone in a bar or a shop, despite them breaking the rules by not offering good customer service they try to provoke or annoy the customer, when the customer is doing nothing wrong, by asking them to repeat a few times when they know what was asked. If I was the customer I would just leave not giving any satisfaction to them. In my life I don't associate with people who try to provoke or annoy others.

I would never associate a bouncer with customer service. I think the term "knucklehead" would be more apt.

I've worked in customer service based jobs for over 16 years. A lot of people really don't care, it's a job and a means to an end. Having pride in your job, even if you don't find it satisfying or enjoyable is a rarity. But, when you put in the effort, you see how customer's and colleagues react - you make a positive impact.

Bouncers tend to be there to try and stop trouble, but sometimes I think they start it.

Ed

Lots of clubs exclude "unknowns" unless they are attractive young women. So you shouldn't take it personally, or as an autistic affront, if you aren't admitted.

In a real time social situation I usually miss the provocation; the big picture of aggressive intent doesn’t sink in until sometime later.

The door staff at many clubs are like this. It could be dress code or it could be something else. I remember stories of Studio 54 in its prime, even some of Hollywood's and entertainment's elite were famously refused at the door. I wouldn't look too much into it. If in some way you don't fit the "proper" clientele they have every right not to let you in. That's why they call them clubs.

Another one of the service users at the Asperger's drop in centre we were attending before Corona virus said he has been refused entry to some clubs as the bouncer or doorman didn't like him, despite him doing nothing wrong. I know sometimes if a member of staff doesn't like someone in a bar or a shop, despite them breaking the rules by not offering good customer service they try to provoke or annoy the customer, when the customer is doing nothing wrong, by asking them to repeat a few times when they know what was asked. If I was the customer I would just leave not giving any satisfaction to them. In my life I don't associate with people who try to provoke or annoy others.

Such people are not employed in a capacity to reflect customer service. Quite the opposite. They capriciously select specific people to enter a nightclub, often based on how good-looking and cool you may be in their eyes.

If not, don't expect to enter unless you have money to burn, or you're Cloudy and Popeye. Even then, a bribe may incur their wrath as a bouncer. Simple point- avoid any club that selects patrons accordingly. Otherwise expect a lot of rejection.

Last edited:
Club is the operable word here.

If you aren't club material, out you go. So being female is definitely easier in this respect. I remember a club being raided for drugs when l was there, of course l didn't go back ever again.

Club is the operable word here.

If you aren't club material, out you go. So being female is definitely easier in this respect. I remember a club being raided for drugs when l was there, of course l didn't go back ever again.

Ain't that the truth. It's a brutal word legally speaking in the US. :oops:

Allowing a club as a private entity to discriminate against others in any way they choose. Where civil rights and civil liberties can't reach them. :eek:

Last edited:
I never worked in customer service because I could not interact well with demanding people.

That said, in my capacity in pharma manufacturing for Quality/Validation. I always thought that the people using the products were my customers and I always asked "am I comfortable putting the product in my veins or that of my family." Those were the people I worked for.

If a customer is doing nothing wrong and the customer service they receive is wrong I don't believe in letting them getting away with it, I have just finished posting my reviews on my bad treatment on both trip advisor and Google reviews.

MY dad owed a hardware store while in was in college , customer service not my thing, not my dad"s either sold store soon after.

Although rare, where a shop assistant repeats what you say, in a way to try and provoke or irritate, its how they say it and the pausing clearly not genuine.
Here's a story about some bad customer service:-

Five Edinburgh cafés who are taking absolutely no s**t on Tripadvisor

That’s…not a story about bad customer service.

That’s a story about business owners not doing the whole “the customer is always right even when it’s bloody obvious that they aren’t” thing. In other words, business owners who actually have a freaking spine.

If only more of them were like that. Standing up for themselves and their employees instead of crumbling under the slightest pressure from some jerk customer who didnt read the rules, asked for something that made no sense, or just was mean to everyone and then whined about the responses they got later.

I was in customer service one way another for 40 years (ofg!)

Basically customer service is acting as a middleman trying to bring the needs of the customer in balance with the needs of the company. It is a dance without reward for the middle guy. No matter what we do, someone may be unhappy with the outcome.

I can't tell you how often I had to deny a customers demands because they fell outside of what I was allowed to do. Great, I did my job. But occassionally I would still get in trouble because I didn't bend the rules.

Customer service is not a good job for many!

New Threads

Top Bottom