• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Snow poll!

Do you love snow?

• Yes!

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • As long as I don’t have to travel in it.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Nope.

• I wanna ski or snowboard!

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I want a snowball fight!

• I wanna build a snowman!

• I wanna build an igloo!

• Wait, is this poll biased?

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
I love snow, but we rarely get snow in my area. It snowed a few times this year though and did just a few days ago.

Snow makes for a nice seasonal ambience, but it's the ice it leaves can be precarious to drive in. Also relative to your city's ability to plow the roads. Major roads seem to be taken care of, but lesser roads can get really hairy.

I can't vote on this poll because I've literally only experienced snow once in my life a couple years ago but it was cool but that might just be because of the whole 'OMG it's snowing' experience I had for the first time in my life.

Snow makes for a nice seasonal ambience, but it's the ice it leaves can be precarious to drive in. Also relative to your city's ability to plow the roads. Major roads seem to be taken care of, but lesser roads can get really hairy.
Yeah, I like snow as long as I do not have to travel in it. I like sitting in a heated house with a cup of cocoa under a thick blanket while watching the snow outside my window.

Where I live, we have been getting a lot of snow. It’s been crazy, but I love the thought of being cozy at home in a snow storm. I love to drink hot chocolate in snowy weather as well.

Yeah, I like snow as long as I do not have to travel in it. I like sitting in a heated house with a cup of cocoa under a thick blanket while watching the snow outside my window.
Truth is on occasion I have to force myself to drive in the snow just so it doesn't become intimidating. Though two years ago on Christmas night I chose to drive home in what turned out to be whiteout conditions in a blizzard. Bad idea. Worse is that I may end up doing it again. But it can make life interesting at times!

Yep, hot chocolate (plenty of whipped cream), hot apple cider, hot tea and coffee are all welcome this time of year.

I love everything about it. I love the buildup of an impending storm, the drama that snow causes, and the way you have to adapt to the snow. Plus, it is so dang beautiful. I love it.

There’s so many different types of snow, too and watching it fall from the sky is just amazing. Not to mention the way it rests on the branches and creates wonderful lines in the forests.

I love everything about it. I love the buildup of an impending storm, the drama that snow causes, and the way you have to adapt to the snow. Plus, it is so dang beautiful. I love it.

There’s so many different types of snow, too and watching it fall from the sky is just amazing. Not to mention the way it rests on the branches and creates wonderful lines in the forests.
Nice way to put it. I'm apt to feel in a similar way, when I know I don't have to leave the house unless I really want to. Sometimes slogging around in a fresh snow can be fun.

Less-than-fun snow, circa 1966 in Virginia. :oops:

441.jpg

I'm appreciating looking out the window and seeing what is probably the last snowfall I'll see this season delicately accenting the foliage. :)

I didn't see snow until I was an adult, and I had to travel interstate for that. I fell in love with down hill skiing and did that for a few years until I had a bit of a bingle and now have no cartelege in one knee. I have no regrets, except for the fact that I can't ski any more, I loved it.

As for living with snow though, no way José. I don't like the cold very much at all, and walking and driving when snow's around can be treacherous, especially for those of us that didn't grow up with it.

All the rubbish we get on TV around Christmas time was always completely foreign and incomprehensible to me as a kid. It's always really hot here at Christmas, great pool and beach weather.

I like snow, but don't like wet or cold. Unfortunately, not possible to have snow without the latter two.

Love or Hate are our only options? The thing I like most about it is that it reduces noise. It also looks better than late fall or muddy spring. When it is too cold to ride my bike, I like having some snow to move for exercise. It provides the best surface for early lessons in control of a skidding car, and for staying in practice. A large contingent of Canadian racing drivers explained "It's the water - we learn to drive on it." It has happy associations with receiving gifts as a child.
I don't like walking around tense, always worried about falling. I don't like old snow, with dirt and icy layers. I don't like having access to various places cut off, some very local. Every spring, everyone I know finds something they thought they lost - sometimes big stuff like ladders.

Haven't seen snow for 45 years. I'm sure I would be very happy to see it once more as long as I didn't have to drive in it.
Living in a part of the country that had major snowstorms for 14 years I loved to watch it falling, walk in a fresh fallen soft snow and the huge icicles that hung from cliffs and the edge of the roof to the ground were pretty.

But, going into the city to work was the worst part.
Needed snow chains on the tires to get out of the burbs, then when you get to town,
everything was plowed off and the chains were ruined.

Now the only snow I get to see is from snow machines.
The snow exhibit at Gaylord Palms in the winter is cool. Literally and figuratively.

Here in NSW, Australia, it snows occasionally. We had a good fall in 2015. Temperatures can go to -13°C in winter. I enjoy watching the snow floating in the air. It usually doesn't settle though.

HPIM1423.JPG

'93 Metro Panel Van with the rare "Targa" front end.

Sometimes the snow drifts are really pretty, but they are hard to photograph well.

New Threads

Top Bottom