• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Small Food Victory!

I am trying to go with more and more vegetables, but I do physically still work hard, and I seem to run out of energy faster with just vegetables, so I stay with very lean small portions of meat for now.
I have heard this from lots of people and I believe them... Also I am trying really hard to get away from refined sugar. I know it takes time and its not easy, but I am trying to change things as I can.
Have you tried to read up on vegetarian things? Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to cut meat out of your diet, but if you could find solid advice on nutrition, maybe that could help you combine vegetables in order not to run out of energy so fast. I can't eat meat too often, so I try to make a plate that has some greens, some legumes, something colorful (carrots, tomatoes or whatever), and potatoes or sweet potatoes, and it seems to be more filling and more energetic than just a the greens.
Now, I'm no dietitician, so I can't give much more advice. Another thing to consider would be what nutrients are necessary to best absorb other nutrients (I'm thinking at iron that is best when taken with something that has vitamin C, for example, or the fact that iron in vegetals isn't absorbed as well as iron in meat, but it reaches the same level of assimilation if you combine both sources. You know, stuff like that that is rarely talked about, but can make a difference).

Never heard of this situation.Is there such thing like allergic to rice?or there a combined food that was eaten and result into allergies.

if you eat too much of anything it can become poisonous .
i personally think people have peanut allergies because greedy manufacturers used to use peanut oil(also slyly called arachis oil in medicines) to coat manufactured foods in and if you ate too much result peanut allergy!!" add to the fact nuts are toxic to humans if you eat too many !!!we don't have the liver enzymes required to process the toxin !!!!in brazil nuts for example
Never heard of this situation.Is there such thing like allergic to rice?or there a combined food that was eaten and result into allergies.

you can do it but you need iron injections or take an iron supplement but make sure its vegan if you do and eat a lot more olive oil you will need to eat mushrooms for protein and nuts for protein walnuts have lots of magnesium but be careful if you use antacids they are frequently made with magnesium carbonate which could become a very distressing visit to the bathroom /toilet
I am trying to go with more and more vegetables, but I do physically still work hard, and I seem to run out of energy faster with just vegetables, so I stay with very lean small portions of meat for now.
I have heard this from lots of people and I believe them... Also I am trying really hard to get away from refined sugar. I know it takes time and its not easy, but I am trying to change things as I can.

i grow up in nyc so i grow up with alot of food options and i have starved in the past cuz of poverty so i am not a picky eater but if i ear alot my stumic hurts and it hurts after alot of drinking but thats abought it

no its signifigant :)you're changing:) thats healthy its life, as long as its not junk food
I have been stuck in a rut for months on the same foods. I perseverate on certain ones, and cycle through them according to my routine, and lately I've been very very stuck. More so than usual for me. I've been able to count on my hand the foods I'll eat and if they aren't available, I just won't until I'm able, even if it means skipping...much to the chagrin of my husband and family. I know this isn't healthy(logically anyways) but I just can't bring myself to eat what I don't want and I can't get past it most days. Again being new to possible to diagnosis, I blamed this cycle on my worsening depression or being "quirky with food" as I will try new things at times... but now know that this habit I've had over the course of my life could be linked to Aspergers.

Onto my small victory ☺️

I seem to have broken a bit out of this cycle and wanted food that was outside those I've been stuck to in this particular round. This is small I know, but encouraging nonetheless.

Thanks for listening ☺️

SUGAR!!! You are doing a great thing by getting off sugar! It was hard for me as well. I noticed changes for 6 months after I took it out of my diet. It is still hard to believe that I don't crave sugar foods anymore.

For energy, I recommend nuts--like pistachio, almond, macadamia, and cashews. They have very good essential fatty acids and minerals for our brains. They have fiber, protein, no sugar, and low carbs. Also non-wheat & non-dairy. Also you can easily pack them for small/fast snack.

Eating is not easy!! I also have gone through bad stomach issues. I have tried to turn my food/eating issues to my advantage. I am very rigid about eating--so I have started intermittent fasting. I eat my last meal at 4pm and eat breakfast at 6am. And once/week I do a 18-22 hour fast. Surprisingly, my sleep has improved 100% and I have stopped taking GERD/reflux medicine. I've gained about 5lb of muscle as well.

I encourage everyone with AS to put a little extra time/effort to improve your diets. Bad food just affects many of us much more. I know that change is difficult for us. I just tried to make one diet-change at a time. For example, first I stopped coke/pepsi, then no more fast-food, etc. It is never too late . In fact, good diet will help you even more when you are older.

SUGAR!!! You are doing a great thing by getting off sugar! It was hard for me as well. I noticed changes for 6 months after I took it out of my diet. It is still hard to believe that I don't crave sugar foods anymore.

For energy, I recommend nuts--like pistachio, almond, macadamia, and cashews. They have very good essential fatty acids and minerals for our brains. They have fiber, protein, no sugar, and low carbs. Also non-wheat & non-dairy. Also you can easily pack them for small/fast snack.

Eating is not easy!! I also have gone through bad stomach issues. I have tried to turn my food/eating issues to my advantage. I am very rigid about eating--so I have started intermittent fasting. I eat my last meal at 4pm and eat breakfast at 6am. And once/week I do a 18-22 hour fast. Surprisingly, my sleep has improved 100% and I have stopped taking GERD/reflux medicine. I've gained about 5lb of muscle as well.

I encourage everyone with AS to put a little extra time/effort to improve your diets. Bad food just affects many of us much more. I know that change is difficult for us. I just tried to make one diet-change at a time. For example, first I stopped coke/pepsi, then no more fast-food, etc. It is never too late . In fact, good diet will help you even more when you are older.

Thanks for the advice Steve... You and others have given me lots of good information.

I went to a family thing last night (ugh)... It was one of those where you are expected to go, but no one gives a ---- if you are there. Yet, if you don't they will be upset and cause issues. I have no intentions of delving into that here, but its like some people just suck the life out of me and they really don't need to say much to do that. Oddly my rambling does tie into this post about small food victory...

I just woke up and I am still wiped out. I get so stressed out going places I truly don't want to go. I was driving back home about 1AM and I was fighting with all I had to stay awake. My point is I did good, and stayed away from the mountain of junk food they were serving. I ate none of it! There were a few condescending remarks but thats okay and normal for my family. One sweet remark was, "So your too good to eat what we brought...?" Why do people have to take that snarky road?

Anyway...

I think sugar is possibly my worst nightmare. I feel I need it for energy, but then I crash and need more. Someone on here (in another post I think) called it a "gateway" drug... I don't know what gateway it is, but I just know its not good for me. Yet, my body craves it horribly. I even wonder sometimes how many illnesses refined sugars are causing. Its sad that it makes things taste so good and its basically poison.

I wish there was an antidote, or antitoxin that would cancel out what sugar does to our bodies and the cravings it creates... If there is such a thing I would like to know about it, because at times my will power sucks... but last night was a small victory. : )

chance a gateway drug is a gateway to stronger drugs( class b in the uk i e :eek:xycontin then class a: marijuana ,opium brand name 'heroin' yes its a brand , crack cocaine,)
sugar in the raw is good as in a stick of sugar cane:) but refining makes it slightly toxic
thats why i said dates they are a raw form of sugar as are figs
a natural appetite supressant is vanilla you can buy vanilla powder on ebay add to porridge or yogurt
Thanks for the advice Steve... You and others have given me lots of good information.
t
I went to a family thing last night (ugh)... It was one of those where you are expected to go, but no one gives a ---- if you are there. Yet, if you don't they will be upset and cause issues. I have no intentions of delving into that here, but its like some people just suck the life out of me and they really don't need to say much to do that. Oddly my rambling does tie into this post about small food victory...

I just woke up and I am still wiped out. I get so stressed out going places I truly don't want to go. I was driving back home about 1AM and I was fighting with all I had to stay awake. My point is I did good, and stayed away from the mountain of junk food they were serving. I ate none of it! There were a few condescending remarks but thats okay and normal for my family. One sweet remark was, "So your too good to eat what we brought...?" Why do people have to take that snarky road?

Anyway...

I think sugar is possibly my worst nightmare. I feel I need it for energy, but then I crash and need more. Someone on here (in another post I think) called it a "gateway" drug... I don't know what gateway it is, but I just know its not good for me. Yet, my body craves it horribly. I even wonder sometimes how many illnesses refined sugars are causing. Its sad that it makes things taste so good and its basically poison.

I wish there was an antidote, or antitoxin that would cancel out what sugar does to our bodies and the cravings it creates... If there is such a thing I would like to know about it, because at times my will power sucks... but last night was a small victory. : )

chance a gateway drug is a gateway to stronger drugs( class b in the uk i e :eek:xycontin then class a: marijuana ,opium brand name 'heroin' yes its a brand , crack cocaine,)
sugar in the raw is good as in a stick of sugar cane:) but refining makes it slightly toxic
thats why i said dates they are a raw form of sugar as are figs
a natural appetite supressant is vanilla you can buy vanilla powder on ebay add to porridge or yogurt

Cool... thank you I will try it... vanilla powder, see I learned something
But I'm not going to go off into the illegal drugs I'm goofy enough as it is.

I tried the marijuana in oil form, in a chocolate bar in Colorado at my cousins. It is legal there (that doesn't make it right or wrong). I just don't want people to think I am promoting or using illegal drugs.
Some swear it helps ASD, some hate it... I really don't know and I'm not going to judge either way.
I think you and I discussed this in another post also. That was okay, I felt very "normal" but a couple hours later I had a super weird experience that I still think about a lot, so I'm best to just stay grounded and healthy...

We have local bee farms that sell raw honey and I have been using it in oatmeal and creme of rice on the mornings I don't have eggs for breakfast. Hopefully that helps some. People say that is good for allergies, but not sure if that is fact or folklore?

I am going to try the vanilla powder, because I truly want to get away from sugar as much as possible.

just think honey is made as a complete food for baby bees
i saw a doc where a camera was inside the hive and the larval bees in there nasa like sleeping chambers bang their head and neck against the the chamber to ask for food- looked really painful made my neck ache to look at it
manuka clinical grade honey is used to cure bacterial infections- its from new zealand

I tried the marijuana in oil form, in a chocolate bar in Colorado at my cousins. It is legal there (that doesn't make it right or wrong). I just don't want people to think I am promoting or using illegal drugs.
Some swear it helps ASD, some hate it... I really don't know and I'm not going to judge either way.
I think you and I discussed this in another post also. That was okay, I felt very "normal" but a couple hours later I had a super weird experience that I still think about a lot, so I'm best to just stay grounded and healthy...

We have local bee farms that sell raw honey and I have been using it in oatmeal and creme of rice on the mornings I don't have eggs for breakfast. Hopefully that helps some. People say that is good for allergies, but not sure if that is fact or folklore?

I am going to try the vanilla powder, because I truly want to get away from sugar as much as possible.

f

forgot the biomedical research says the honey makes the bacteria explode

join the club !im weird enough thats why i asked for an ipad as apple dont include mercury in their components i'm insane enough

f
forgot the biomedical research says the honey makes the bacteria exlpode.

Humm... that may be part of my problem. I eat quite a lot of honey.

I'm not really having a weight problem
I'm 5'8" and 172 lbs... I just have really angry belly way too often... so I'm sincerely trying to learn and better the situation

Most of it may just be nerves and anxiety I over think everything as is very obvious... sorry : )

I think I was born with upset stomach

Thank you for the information by the way

join the club !im weird enough thats why i asked for an ipad as apple dont include mercury in their components i'm insane enough

I'm all apple- phone, watch, iPad, MacBook Pro... I just like how they operate and interconnect. They have always been very dependable... that's cool on the mercury. I didn't know that.

thats the problem if your body was poisoned from a terminal disease theres nothing kill but chocolate( theobromide in chocolate kills animals) and caffeine and refined sugar mixed with marijuana thats refined, bad cocktail :-/ all these plants are made for vegan tree dwellers birds not mammals

be careful remember like eggs and cows milk ,its baby food for bees- so its high sugar and also has distressing visit to the bathroom if indulged magnesium .
as do dates ,figs, cocoa powder has the most magnesium (laxative) , almonds, brazil nuts even higher than almonds.

New Threads

Top Bottom