• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sleep habits... or lack of

@Chance l figured out why l worked nites so long. That was the best timetable for me. l only need 4 or 5 hours of sleep. In fact l love going to sleep at 1:45 to 2:am. But if working, l change that habit out fast. Guess a hot bath really helps relax your muscles. Can you try that right before bedtime? Good luck, sweet dreams.

I have problems with sleep.. As I read over 15 to 20% have a short-term insomnia disorder, which lasts less than three months. 10% have a chronic insomnia disorder, which occurs at least three times per week for at least three months in the United States alone. There are drugs to cure insomnia but doctors worry about patients growing an addiction or dependency on the pills. Cannabinoid hemp oil, on the other hand, could be a better alternative for insomniac patients as it is nearly impossible to grow an addiction for hemp oil. What can help to me?

Last edited:
I completely understand the not breathing part. I was born early (about 3 months) and my lungs weren't fully developed then so I came out blue. Lol. I also had childhood asthma, so, sometimes I find that I tend to just hold my breath when I'm too anxious and jolt myself back into breathing, if that makes sense?
Also, I almost never get a full night's rest. Mostly because my brain just won't shut up and I end up laying in bed for two/three hours before I finally fall asleep.

New Threads

Top Bottom