• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Site topics

PrinceOfFreaks

I've noticed this site has an awfully narrow scope- is that intentional?

I think topics like fitness/nutrition, romance/relationships, and careers/education could really use a little more focus. Just a thought.

Well this is an autism forum so of course that is what people are here to talk about. So yes of course in intentional it's even in the name. However I see topics on technology, relationships,articles people find interesting,music, opinion pieces etc. We have tons of topics and quite a variety within them they are just often framed by autism. The same thing that frames all our lives anyway.

What topics would you like to see here that aren't here?

And what would be an example of how some topics 'could be more focused '?

Last edited:

I think topics like fitness/nutrition, romance/relationships, and careers/education could really use a little more focus. Just a thought.
Romance/relationships and careers/education have their own categories under “Specific autism spectrum discussion”. They’re both very frequently discussed topics here.

I believe there are topics such as you suggested.

However, we talk about a variety of subjects.

I would agree with all comments posted thus far, this is an Autism Forum, the interests are pretty specific and the majority has a place, don't really see any problem here at all. On a personal level.

Narrow scope?

Those are actually more broad topics/categories, from which people are initially pointed in direction to, in order to expand upon by exploring and discussing their interests further (whatever their respective interests may be, at the time) through, sub-topics/sub-categories which would be considered more narrow.

And why bring it up now? You joined back in May 25th, 2021 and posted very little since that time. Still, you are familiar with this site.

You can give it "more focus" by posting just about whatever interests you in the respective, generalized broad category, and make your own "narrow" sub-topic/sub-categorized thread on just about anything you want to discuss that is of interest to you. People create whatever, and they will.

New Threads

Top Bottom