• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Site technical issues

Nitro

Admin/Immoral Turpitude
Staff member
Admin
V.I.P Member
I opened the home page yesterday and there were no new threads listed in smaller text. I fired up my older system to determine if the issue was on my end and isolated to my Windows 10. Apparently not the case as the text is missing on the home page on Vista as well. I live in south western Pennsylvania USA if that helps.
I liked to be able to monitor the site without having to open each section of the forum one at a time.
If there is something I am doing wrong,or a setting that needs changed on my end,please offer me advice on it.

I am not the only one who can't upload images here either,but the issue seems to be isolated to Win 10 as I can still upload on Vista.

Any help with this will be appreciated :)

Nitro, had the same issues with Win 10 and uploading images from my PC. Try the 'share' area when they are images on your own system. Recently I've been scanning old photos as you know, and placing them in a file on my desktop, the 'share' option seems to be the issue for Win 10.

Now I feel stupid...I have no understanding of that at all. Can you explain it better?

I'll try, but I'll have to retrace what I did first and figure it out. So it will take me awhile to get back to you on this so I can take some screen shots. You know you are very far from being stupid, not knowing something is not that, it's simply not knowing.

Right click on the blue windows icon in extreme left corner at the bottom of your desktop
Drop down/up menu, click on File explorer,
It will give you a list of your files,
Right click on your Pictures folder from the drop down right click Properties,
You'll get a properties panel for your Pictures Folder, click on 'Security'
Decide what you want to do, sharing on your network or in general online,
Best to make a folder on your Desktop with shared imagery, or create a hot link to it.
Place in the folder stuff that you want to upload to the site.
Let me know if this worked for you:)

I tried it with exactly the same results...an icon appears to the upper right of my screen and only shows that it is a work in progress that never ends. I assigned it a share in my pictures folder as instructed.

Windows 10 has that idiotic File Exploder that has crash issues that forces me to do a hard reboot a little too often for my taste. It did it on my first attempt to try a new upload that is really grinding my gears. I hate windows 10 and if this is what Microshaft considers to be their best answer to date,I'm not very impressed. I want my rock solid stable Win 98 back or XP,not this newfangled pile of poop they praised the heck out of.

I'm not sure what the issue is with no new post listings showing on the home page here on two completely different operating systems...It's probably not on my end.

The hurry up and wait icon is still there doing nothing after 30 minutes :rolleyes:

Frozen upload screenshot

Attachments

• frozen AC page.PNG
    frozen AC page.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 248
Frozen with stuck icon

Attachments

• frozen with icon.PNG
    frozen with icon.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 252
homepage screen capture

Attachments

• screen capture AC homepage.PNG
    screen capture AC homepage.PNG
    90.3 KB · Views: 255
It's weird Nitro, I got this a while back. Wonder if it's the cloud? Which doesn't seem as fast as before?

It's weird Nitro, I got this a while back. Wonder if it's the cloud? Which doesn't seem as fast as before?
I'm not sure myself. I don't exactly consider myself computer illiterate either.

Have noticed a lot of fluctuations with cloud computing, especially with upload/download times. More than before.

Have noticed a lot of fluctuations with cloud computing, especially with upload/download times. More than before.
It could well be...that is why I posted where I am on the 'puter ;)

"Firefox can't find the server at email.christianforums.com."

That's what happens today when I click any Notification in
my email from AC.

Clicking the Notification just dead ends.
I searched christianforums.com, clicked on their link,
and got the same dead end.

"Firefox can't find the server at email.christianforums.com."

That's what happens today when I click any Notification in
my email from AC.

Clicking the Notification just dead ends.
I searched christianforums.com, clicked on their link,
and got the same dead end.

Now, instead of the "can't find the server at email.christianforums.com"
any Notification from AC in my email takes me to:

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Obviously, I am using an alternative method to get here,
since clicking the Notifications doesn't work.

Functionality has dropped for me as well; the only way I can upload images now is to sort of toggle back and forth between the normal upload image page, and the more options page. Then have to check & re-check that it worked. Whereas before, there were never any glitches, now it is 'hit or miss.'

I opened the home page yesterday and there were no new threads listed in smaller text. I fired up my older system to determine if the issue was on my end and isolated to my Windows 10. Apparently not the case as the text is missing on the home page on Vista as well. I live in south western Pennsylvania USA if that helps.
I liked to be able to monitor the site without having to open each section of the forum one at a time.
If there is something I am doing wrong,or a setting that needs changed on my end,please offer me advice on it.

I am not the only one who can't upload images here either,but the issue seems to be isolated to Win 10 as I can still upload on Vista.

Any help with this will be appreciated :)

I tried uploading a photo earlier today, just to see what would happen/if it would work. Whilst on the screen that you've taken a screenshot of in the following post, there were three little bars in the top righthand corner symbolizing that it was processing my request, but it never completed the processing and never uploaded my photo.

Frozen with stuck icon

I was also getting a symbol in my browser, whilst on the 'upload media page', that was telling me 'Flashplayer was out of date', so had been blocked. After updating the adobe flashplayer, I tried uploading the same image I'd being trying previously, and it worked, really quickly.

I thought I'd share this, just in case it could help others with uplaoding media.

New Threads

Top Bottom